Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

NEW ON THIS FORUM AND WANTED ANYONES OPINION ON THIS CAR

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by inknu2' post='1035356' date='Oct 18 2009, 07:11 PM
I LOVE your car and would buy it in a heartbeat..but i want a white one really bad..... all my bmws and ranges have been white and black...
where are you located?
when is your waranty up? just curious
M
Get DRANGED's 550, then you know it was taken care of. Plus the mods he has are bad ass
Old 10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by inknu2' post='1035356' date='Oct 18 2009, 09:11 PM
I LOVE your car and would buy it in a heartbeat..but i want a white one really bad..... all my bmws and ranges have been white and black...
where are you located?
when is your waranty up? just curious
M
CPO warranty till 11/27/2011 or 100,000 miles. I'm located Minneapolis, MN.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Anyone have an idea of what the car is worth?
even a ballpark?
Old 10-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1035350' date='Oct 18 2009, 10:03 PM
The car is being sold in Chicago. Why are you asking if any Californians have seen this car?
First owner was in California. Maybe he can help out regarding the car
Check the carfax
Old 10-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Contributors

Unhappy

A few concerns:

1) I don't like the large and 'off' gap between the front bumper and the body in this photo. It was either poorly installed or has been in an accident of some sort enough to push it down:

2) What's up with all the scuff marks at the rear of the car in this photo? Anyone who baby's a car wouldn't allow that.

3) In several of the pics I swear there is a color difference between the bumpers and the rest of the body. Is it lighting only? This pic has similar vertical and horizontal angles but the paint doesn't seem to match. Honestly not sure -- just asking:

4) Nearly 40,000 miles on a 2008??

5) The interior looks beautiful like one would expect, but I saw several pics from various angles where I thought I saw a lot of scratches in the dash wood. Here's a very good one below to show what I mean. Mine's a 2006 and I have ONE tiny, very tiny scratch on the console. This one appears to be covered in them. Again I ask, how well was this car taken care of?

6) This car is REALLY slammed isn't it? I thought you guys who live in large, urban cities up north don't do well with cars this low? Potholes? Steep driveways?

7) And then I always have to ask myself when I see a car that's been this modified at such an early age: Who would spend this much money doing this and then sell it? What are they trying to unload?

Just asking questions for your consideration. Good luck with your search. You'll love the E60!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by 06530-6M' post='1035385' date='Oct 18 2009, 09:56 PM
A few concerns:

1) I don't like the large and 'off' gap between the front bumper and the body in this photo. It was either poorly installed or has been in an accident of some sort enough to push it down:

2) What's up with all the scuff marks at the rear of the car in this photo? Anyone who baby's a car wouldn't allow that.

3) In several of the pics I swear there is a color difference between the bumpers and the rest of the body. Is it lighting only? This pic has similar vertical and horizontal angles but the paint doesn't seem to match. Honestly not sure -- just asking:

you def bought up alot of good issues i didnt think of.. ONE ithing i did see however when i looked at the pics you blewup is the rear fender have been rolled, which means it was done right... also the person who owned it put a grip into it with high quality stuff, including the m pedals and the stereo, why would they no take care of it? i think the paint issue is lighting, the dealership says its perfect, but i am looking for someone to go see it for me out there....
def valid points... and ya its slammed for sure...

5) The interior looks beautiful like one would expect, but I saw several pics from various angles where I thought I saw a lot of scratches in the dash wood. Here's a very good one below to show what I mean. Mine's a 2006 and I have ONE tiny, very tiny scratch on the console. This one appears to be covered in them. Again I ask, how well was this car taken care of?

6) This car is REALLY slammed isn't it? I thought you guys who live in large, urban cities up north don't do well with cars this low? Potholes? Steep driveways?

7) And then I always have to ask myself when I see a car that's been this modified at such an early age: Who would spend this much money doing this and then sell it? What are they trying to unload?

Just asking questions for your consideration. Good luck with your search. You'll love the E60!

you def bought up alot of good issues i didnt think of.. ONE ithing i did see however when i looked at the pics you blewup is the rear fender have been rolled, which means it was done right... also the person who owned it put a grip into it with high quality stuff, including the m pedals and the stereo, why would they no take care of it? i think the paint issue is lighting, the dealership says its perfect, but i am looking for someone to go see it for me out there....
def valid points... and ya its slammed for sure...
Old 10-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

The look is OK BUT
like I sayed before.
Before you buy, it jack it up to see if oil leak or crash.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 06530-6M' post='1035385' date='Oct 18 2009, 10:56 PM
A few concerns:

I agree with alot of what you said and after RElooking at the pics the front bumper does look off color and a bit of a gap... But i also saw things i liked, hence the ROLLED rear fenders, showing he did lowered it correctly.... and he spent moeny on carbon and stuff like M pedals. just doenst make sense....good car? bad car? maybe it was wrecked and he did it all? arfax is clean tho....doesnt mean it just wasnt reported.....
buying a new car is a love hate deal!!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

The slight difference in color shading could be because the body is metal and the M Tech kit is not. It's pretty common.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1035419' date='Oct 19 2009, 11:49 AM
The slight difference in color shading could be because the body is metal and the M Tech kit is not. It's pretty common.
+1 also white is 1 of the hardest to match in paint work :thumbsdown:
This is why I dont get a white car.
Love to see them but not to own 1.
In HK were it is very sunny I start to see the white BMW starting to turn yellow :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: NEW ON THIS FORUM AND WANTED ANYONES OPINION ON THIS CAR