Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

NEW CAR IN PRODUCTION

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

I just called BMW NA and was told that my car is in production and is currently in the body shop. I was assigned a VIN# and has a scheduled completion date of September 5th. I'm excited now and can't wait. It's not the same feeling I had when I bought the one I have now. Hard to explain but just knowing I'm getting the options I wanted originally and following the process is exciting.

So far so good with the one I have now but I still wonder everytime, and I mean everytime, I start the car is it going to start. I guess after all the times it didn't and the times it left me stranded for hours I still have some resentment towards the car, BMW and the whole experiance from inception. I guess what they say is true, what you don't know won't hurt you, so the next person that owns this car will have a fine car, I hope.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

I am sure you're like a little kid right now on X-mas eve??? I was really thinking hard about it when we were shopping but being this is my first beemer I just couldn't wait... Maybe the next time for me. Congrats
Old 08-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by lightfytr' post='464657' date='Aug 31 2007, 04:59 PM
I am sure you're like a little kid right now on X-mas eve??? I was really thinking hard about it when we were shopping but being this is my first beemer I just couldn't wait... Maybe the next time for me. Congrats

Thanks, and yes I am like a kid waiting for a new toy. I'll be ready with my pro-camera and following every step.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Senior Members

what is the 0-60 mph on the 535xi, is it faster then the rear wheel 535i ?
Old 09-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='464891' date='Sep 1 2007, 07:17 PM
what is the 0-60 mph on the 535xi, is it faster then the rear wheel 535i ?
According to the 5 series 2008 brochure the xi is a bit faster but not by much. It's 5.6 seconds and the I is 5.7 seconds on the 0-60 scale. The 550 is at 5.5 seconds. These are all steptronic transmission ratings. They all change .1 second faster with a manual transmission. The 535xi is to be determined because the manual transmission is not out for this car yet.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330xi, Premium Package, Cold weather package

Congrats on your new ride...... i have mine on order with a completion date of sept 10th.

Yep, the whole wait is excruciating but still a lot of fun...... :-). Be sure to post pictures

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='464614' date='Aug 31 2007, 01:44 PM
I just called BMW NA and was told that my car is in production and is currently in the body shop. I was assigned a VIN# and has a scheduled completion date of September 5th. I'm excited now and can't wait. It's not the same feeling I had when I bought the one I have now. Hard to explain but just knowing I'm getting the options I wanted originally and following the process is exciting.

So far so good with the one I have now but I still wonder everytime, and I mean everytime, I start the car is it going to start. I guess after all the times it didn't and the times it left me stranded for hours I still have some resentment towards the car, BMW and the whole experiance from inception. I guess what they say is true, what you don't know won't hurt you, so the next person that owns this car will have a fine car, I hope.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Carbon Black Metallic with Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, NAV, Cold-Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Impact Airbags, Sirius, iPod/USB Adapter,
Model Year: 2008

My vehicle is in paint shop today. Sales adviser and BMW customer relations both confirmed. Expect to complete by end of week. Will I have the car before October 1st?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330xi, Premium Package, Cold weather package

Well, very unlikely......(sorry to disappoint). But i think it should get here around the first week of Oct. I am hoping mine will be here around the 10th of Oct or so...

Originally Posted by yayankee' post='465794' date='Sep 4 2007, 03:26 PM
My vehicle is in paint shop today. Sales adviser and BMW customer relations both confirmed. Expect to complete by end of week. Will I have the car before October 1st?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Contributors

My car is awaiting transport. If the ship does not fill up and sail most of us will be receiving our cars around the same time. I have a end of September, 1st week of October delivery scheduled.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

I'm on the same boats as you guys lol..1st week in Oct.

Quick Reply: NEW CAR IN PRODUCTION