Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Need a new dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Black BMW 525i

Okay, well here it is. I recently purchased a 2004 525i from New Century BMW in Alhambra, CA. Shortly after I got the car, I went and had rims installed by a local performance shop. The shop couldn't get my stock wheels off because they didn't have the wheel lock. After looking in the trunk and the glove compartment, we couldn't find it. Well the performance shop is about to close in 5 minutes so I call New Century a bit frusterated to see if I can come pick up a wheel lock. The performance shop is nice enough to give me a ride over there. But before I go I call:

First call-transfered to vm.
Second call-transfered to vm.
Third call-transfered to sales guy who tells me to look where I already looked, tells me it's not his problem and ultimately hangs up on me.
Fourth call-I tell sales secretary I'm comin' down there becuase I'm p*ssed someone hung up on me.

Before I arrive, the shop is able to get the locks off and by that time it's dark and there supposed to be closed. Immediatly after, I thank the shop for staying open late and I drive directly to New Century on the corner of Main/Atlantic and demand answers.

I'm told by Hazid, the new car sales manager, that it's not his problem and I need to go talk to the used car sales guys.

Did I mention I need a new place to service my car. By the way, tried calling today to schedule an appt to change my oil. Secretary tells me appointment secretarys are both at lunch and I need to call back. So I call back immediatly after work, about 6p Pacific Coast Time, and I'm told appointment secretary's have left at 6p for the day and I need to call back tomorrow. She tells me the only people there are the new cars sales guys.

Any So Cal members know a good place to have my car serviced? I don't care if I have to drive. My next car, which will be ordered, will not be ordered from New Century BMW. :thumbsdown: I don't even want to drive by that place anymore...
Old 03-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about that experience. go to mckenna in norwalk. thats where i got my e60 from and i love it there. if you decide to go, maybe ill see you there sometime.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

where exactly do you live... might help get a closer proximity to a dealership... ive been happy with long beach bmw...oh yeah congrats on the new car...ericd
Old 03-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ericdbs' post='407784' date='Mar 27 2007, 07:46 PM
where exactly do you live... might help get a closer proximity to a dealership... ive been happy with long beach bmw...oh yeah congrats on the new car...ericd
I live in Alhambra. I can basically see the dealership out my window...
Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

+1 Long Beach BMW
Old 04-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Carbon Black with Black Nasca Leather Sport Auto Transmission Active Steering Comfort Access Bamboo Anthracite wood trim Power Rear Sunshades Ventilated Seats Ipod adapter Nav Sat Premium Sound

I can tell you where NOT to go...Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas...I'm gonna try Century West near North Hollywood next time.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sam530' post='410349' date='Apr 4 2007, 05:45 PM
I can tell you where NOT to go...Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas...I'm gonna try Century West near North Hollywood next time.

I got a response from BMW customer service. They apologized for the bad experience and said each dealer is responsible for it's own etiquette. For what it's worth, it made me feel a bit better that corporate cares enough to apologize and return e-mails.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Contributors

Sorry to hear your experience with New Century. I have had nothing but the best service from my SA (can't mention his name 'cause I got a free set of runflat wheels without me asking), my salesman is now my potential insurance agent, and the accessories people always offer discounts and give me freebies. Yes, unfortunately the appointment clerk leaves at 4pm (maybe a little later), so I've learned to live with that. If you intend to continue with New Century you need to call gthe service department, not the sales. I think you'll be better served. With all that said, since you live in Alhambra, I do not recommend Assael. My wife and I used Pacific BMW in Glendale for more than 10 years until I bought my '04 from New Century. I highly recommend Pacific. (I just hate that the service department is miles from the showroom so you can't check out new cars while you're in for servicing. The next closest dealer to Alhambra that I would recommend is Nick Alexander...they're just out of the way and in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, good luck to you!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Originally Posted by jtp1947' post='409094' date='Mar 31 2007, 10:18 AM
+1 Long Beach BMW
+1.