Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

My 550... black sapphire metallic...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 - 550 - on order (estimated final production date of 10/17/05, per BMW). Final Production Date 10/14, one day early!!!! DELIVERED - 11/30/05!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON>!!!! Black Sapphire Metallic - Black leather Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Sirius Radio, Steptronic, Rear Side Air Bags, Comfort Access, Rear Sunshade, Fold Down Split Rear Seat w/ Ski Bag, Navigation. Aux. Audio Input added 11/30/05

It is DEFINITELY nice to have a second car for commuting. I have a 2003 GTI for that... but I don't ever want to drive it now that I have the 550. I think I might trade it in or sell the GTI this weekend. Anybody need a GTI? hahahhaha

Hey everybody... THANKS for the compliments on the car!!! I still think the M5 ground effects package would be cool to have... but I wouldn't do that on this car. Would rather set a goal to have a real M5. Dare to dream!!

Originally Posted by mehall2' post='208575
Ok.... here are my initial pics of my 550i. Sorry some of the pics are dark, but I took them in the parking garage at work (used a coworkers digital camera). Let me know what you think. All I can say is.... holy crap, what a ride! I am actually excited to do my commute in the morning now.
Congrats on getting you car and getting some pics. The 550i is awesome. Funny how your car looks just like mine. I am glad you got it! I am at 850 miles and because of the sleet and ice today in Dallas, I won't be driving it until the roads are swept and clear. That should be sometime next week.

Here in Texas, they don't use salt like they do up North when we get winter precipatation. They use alot of sand, I do think it has some salt in it, though. But they usually only treat the bridges and overpasses and after it melts, usually within a day or two, the sand creates shrapnel on the road way. A nice sandblasting effect. JDN and the other Dallas/Fort Worth E-60er's will have to be careful the next few days.

Luckily, my 550 is not my dailiy driver, so I don't have to worry about it getting blasted. The blasting is worst on the freeway, which my wife doesn't drive for her commute, so both e60's should be fine.

Stay safe everyone.

Congrats again and sorry for the tangent...

Regards, Mike.
[/quote]
Old 12-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: V8 beast!

Wow, awesome pics and colors.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Very nice--congrats!
Old 12-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Members

My Ride: '06 - 550 - on order (estimated final production date of 10/17/05, per BMW). Final Production Date 10/14, one day early!!!! DELIVERED - 11/30/05!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON>!!!! Black Sapphire Metallic - Black leather Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Sirius Radio, Steptronic, Rear Side Air Bags, Comfort Access, Rear Sunshade, Fold Down Split Rear Seat w/ Ski Bag, Navigation. Aux. Audio Input added 11/30/05

Thanks. I am loving this car more and more each day.

It actually has rained twice here in Los Angeles since I got the car... only a week and a half ago. I cannot wait to get it washed this weekend!

I am still on the fence about getting a car bra for this color car... I would think it would really visible. I bought this car, and plan on keeping it for at least 5 years (or at least that is what I am telling my fiance )... so I am not sure if the clear bra would eventually fade the paint. Most clear bras come with up to a 3 year anti-fade warranty, it seems.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Worth the wait right!!!!! I love my car and I know you must be bouncing off the walls at work knowing its waiting for you!!! Congrats on the ride and hope we all get together in 06.