Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

MY 04 E60 IS GOING OUT OF SERVICE Warranty, can anybody help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 04 e60 is going out of service warranty, but i want to see if anybody could hook me up for service???

i want to do the brakes and engine oil before march 10, because after that i will have to pay for it, could anybody

hook me up so that i could have done these before my warranty expires????

i live in so cal. costa mesa area... i dont' mind to drive far....

thanks all
Old 02-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Members

i need to change the brakes and the engine oil before the warranty ends at march, so that covers up all the fees. and also i want to inspect the whole car and see if everything runs right
Old 02-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by fd3s' post='532115' date='Feb 16 2008, 01:44 PM
i need to change the brakes and the engine oil before the warranty ends at march, so that covers up all the fees. and also i want to inspect the whole car and see if everything runs right
If you know how to do all those things, by all means do them. No idea what fees you are covering up.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

This may sound obvious, but maybe you need to contact a dealer? No one else is going to "hook you up" for free, so call around. See what service or updates your call is entitled to based on its service records.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I read this last night but I didnt want to say anything... but now I will.

It sounds like the OP wanted to get those things done even though the car does not require it. IE. he still has 40% brakes left so maintenance warranty wont cover the free replacement but he's hoping someone can "hook" him up and get BMW to replace them for free before warranty goes out so he'll have fresh new brake pads.

Same goes for oil... he probably still has 7000 miles to go before they're due for a change but want to do it "Free" and hopes someone can "hook" him up.

Originally Posted by fd3s' post='532017' date='Feb 15 2008, 11:58 PM
i want to do the brakes and engine oil before march 10, because after that i will have to pay for it,
So basically you want BMW to pay for something that you're not entitled for yet...

Sorry if thats not your intentions but to me thats what it sounds like and its totally unethical.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

I read the same thing into it as well at first, and my was reaction was....why would anyone just "hook you up?" Everyone seems want something in this world for free...doesn't work like that. Go hook yourself up by shelling out some cash.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='532236' date='Feb 17 2008, 01:07 AM
I read the same thing into it as well at first, and my was reaction was....why would anyone just "hook you up?" Everyone seems want something in this world for free...doesn't work like that. Go hook yourself up by shelling out some cash.
Too right man what the hell? Those items are normally wear and tear anyway arnt they? My warrantly runs out on October and the discs and pads need doing but I would not expect the dealer to replace them or am I wrong?
Old 02-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Nick525DSport' post='532389' date='Feb 17 2008, 11:22 AM
Too right man what the hell? Those items are normally wear and tear anyway arnt they? My warrantly runs out on October and the discs and pads need doing but I would not expect the dealer to replace them or am I wrong?
You're WRONG!!! Just kidding You're right my friend. Bottom line is if dealerships start giving freebies "just because", or if individuals learn to circumvent the system and start getting unrequired services for free, those costs will then be passed down to more, ah, deserving clients. E60's are expensive cars with potentially expensive maintenance. However, you CAN learn to keep these costs to a minimum by learning to do your own oil changes, change your own filters, replace your own brake pads, and such. You have the ability to reset the service intervals in iDrive (do a search within this forum). Keep the receipts, keep a nice little log book, and happy motoring!
Old 02-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='532199' date='Feb 16 2008, 07:02 PM
So basically you want BMW to pay for something that you're not entitled for yet...

Sorry if thats not your intentions but to me thats what it sounds like and its totally unethical.
I agree..... :thumbsdown:
Old 02-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i M Sport

I had rear brake pads and rotors replaced free at 38500 miles even though computer was showing another 5000 miles to get it done. I was just told that it is recomended to have it replaced at that milage, so i got it done. i don,t think that You need to be "hooked up". In my car brake pad wear light did not even show up. I also had oil changed at that time and according to the I-drive i still had like 4000 miles left so good luck! Make an appointment at Your dealer it will not hurt to ask.

Quick Reply: MY 04 E60 IS GOING OUT OF SERVICE Warranty, can anybody help?