Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

More Dealership woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After waiting 7years of hard grafting got my car, only to realise there was going to be a huge snag list. I have returned to the garage today only to realise its STILL not fixed. The window rubber guides on the top left and right were flapping... of course I flapped. I also asked for the mirrors to fold in automatically. They say it cant be done. AARRRGGGHHHHHH. I have mp3 capability, but no BT connection to my Blackberry. It pairs, but nothing else.

bin to the dealership EVERY weekend. something tells me I'm cursed.... or it could be the nature of BMW dealerships. No compensation offered.....

Never mind. Off to Toronto now for 9 days... maybe they'll deliver it with everything working!

BTW I have 2004 (01/04/2007) 530i SE (UK Spec) with Business Nav.... wish I had prof nav.

Any tips and tricks for this motor would be a tremendous insight!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:10 AM
Members

truth be told seems like your expecting to much from your second hand bmw. sorry to say its a 2004 we dont say black berrys are fully compatible , limited on the news ones thats all it states and if you bought the car with out the opitions and are no complaing about not having them whose fault is that!!!! certainly not BMW... and the car is probable to old for BT to be supported. If its a 2004

And you never mentioned what the problems where. but something tells me the snag list is an interesting one.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by MIINTY' post='451710' date='Jul 25 2007, 10:16 AM
I also asked for the mirrors to fold in automatically. They say it cant be done. AARRRGGGHHHHHH.
I take it you have power fold mirrors on the car, or am I missing the point? On a 1 series we ahve in the office if you hold down the lock button on the key fob the mirrors fold in. Does this work on yours???

Sorry can't be more help without a fuller description of the spec of your car, but hope your woes are resolved soon.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Lord Monkey' post='451743' date='Jul 25 2007, 12:51 PM
I take it you have power fold mirrors on the car, or am I missing the point? On a 1 series we ahve in the office if you hold down the lock button on the key fob the mirrors fold in. Does this work on yours???

Sorry can't be more help without a fuller description of the spec of your car, but hope your woes are resolved soon.
I have power folding mirrors, but do not fold when locked. Other people on this site suggest its possible.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by The Parrot' post='451735' date='Jul 25 2007, 12:10 PM
truth be told seems like your expecting to much from your second hand bmw. sorry to say its a 2004 we dont say black berrys are fully compatible , limited on the news ones thats all it states and if you bought the car with out the opitions and are no complaing about not having them whose fault is that!!!! certainly not BMW... and the car is probable to old for BT to be supported. If its a 2004

And you never mentioned what the problems where. but something tells me the snag list is an interesting one.
Oh indeed the BB is a "nicety" and I know the car has been around longer than the BB. Just thought a Software upgrade might do the trick... never mind. I have the cpt9000 so I'll make do. Just got my hopes high when it sucessfully paired (the blackberry that is!)

The snag list includes:

Fixing a tear in the leather that they did when I picked up the car (valeting ppl must have done it)
Window Seals need sorting on the windscreen,
Lots of scratches
A weird dink on the rear bumper which looks as if its pushed out

There was other stuff... oh yeah and they used up 1/4 a tank on something!

I
Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i SE Auto

After waiting 7years of hard grafting got my car, only to realise there was going to be a huge snag list. I have returned to the garage today only to realise its STILL not fixed. The window rubber guides on the top left and right were flapping... of course I flapped. I also asked for the mirrors to fold in automatically. They say it cant be done. AARRRGGGHHHHHH. I have mp3 capability, but no BT connection to my Blackberry. It pairs, but nothing else.

bin to the dealership EVERY weekend. something tells me I'm cursed.... or it could be the nature of BMW dealerships. No compensation offered.....

Never mind. Off to Toronto now for 9 days... maybe they'll deliver it with everything working!

BTW I have 2004 (01/04/2007) 530i SE (UK Spec) with Business Nav.... wish I had prof nav.

save up for an M sport body kit, 1169 quid. how much did you buy your motor for?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Members

Ok that list ill give ya !!! weird no dealership should let a car out like that, goes agaisnt AUC . especially with the bodywork should have been a smart repair.
Tear in the seat!!!! what the weird.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by keelaw' post='451979' date='Jul 26 2007, 01:49 AM
save up for an M sport body kit, 1169 quid. how much did you buy your motor for?
around 20k. I've toyed on the though ofupdating the exterior, but with a ki on the way I think its on the back burner. Tips 'n trick is more a request of hidding functionality of the idrive and other niceties.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by The Parrot' post='452102' date='Jul 26 2007, 08:29 AM
Ok that list ill give ya !!! weird no dealership should let a car out like that, goes agaisnt AUC . especially with the bodywork should have been a smart repair.
Tear in the seat!!!! what the weird.
indeed. to make things worse. only after the second (maybe third time) did they mention, they'd give a courtesy car whilst it was done! hmm... an M5 I wonder? Probably not!

The saga continued, they tried to fix the window seal, by cutting it off! NOT HAPPY :thumbsdown:

Told then to sort it properlt. Looks now as if they have to replace the whole seal!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Members

What can I say. I've got my car.... the snag list... they did the necessities, however have been able to help with auto folding mirrors on closure or getting my Pearl to BT properly with the car. But all I can say is the car is brilliant. Feels completly differnt from driving my Hire car in Canada.... wait for it.... a 2007 Ford Taurus SE. WHAT A PILE OF CRAP!!! no torque, suspension made from the same consistency as a fat mans stomache and steering as light as possible. IT wobbled going through the miles. 1900 all in all. Love my car.. tight and taught.. you turn it goes... mind you so does the petrol!