Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

M Aero Kit listed on BMWUSA website

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

The BMWUSA website list it as an accessory for $1,695. I think it has to be installed by the dealer. Has anyone ordered it? If so, how much is your dealer charging to install and possibly paint it?

My dealer in Monroe, LA has not anwered my request for information on this for 4 days now. They also can't order me a 550 until one shows up in their system. They will let me put up a $1,000 deposit for one that meets my specs and order it when it hits their system. Being a small dealer they are one of the last to get one.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Contributors

many members have done this already...you should be able to negotiate from list, some have gotten as low as $1280, and depending on dealer, you can expect to pay 1200-1800 for paint and install, follow this thread: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12287
Old 09-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Contributors

I saw the m-sport kit on my dealer yesterday. It was fitted on 530 xi.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:01 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

For those ordering the M Aero Kit as a service part, here are the BMW part numbers:

51 71 0 396 683 (vehicles without PDC)
51 71 0 396 684 (vehicles with PDC)
Old 09-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

My 530i *with* //M-Aero Body kit is expected to arrive mid-October.

The Vehicle Processing/Distribution Center in Oxnard (maybe the one in the East Coast too, but not sure) just recently offered the opportunity to have the //M-Aero Body kit installed there.

*Warranty* is one of the issues here. Some of the local Bay Area BMW dealerships are charging around $3K for the //M-Aero Body kit plus paint and install at a local body shop. I understand that one of the *DISCLAIMERS* being offered is that having this done *may void* the paint warranty --

Hey, don't shoot the messenger here....

Another important note. Be sure you are aware of exactly what the //M-Aero Body kit includes. The 5-series accessories catalog quotes "Kit consists of front and rear aprons, and left and right side trim. Painting and installation required.".

Well, I paid a little more than $3K to have the //M-Aero Body kit installed at the VPC; HOWEVER, it also includes a "conservative //M-Aero rear wing".

I hope this information helps. Just trying to *give* to the E60 forum for a change.

Cheers,
Tony
Old 09-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by markt540i' date='Sep 29 2005, 12:22 PM
The BMWUSA website list it as an accessory for $1,695. I think it has to be installed by the dealer. Has anyone ordered it? If so, how much is your dealer charging to install and possibly paint it?

My dealer in Monroe, LA has not anwered my request for information on this for 4 days now. They also can't order me a 550 until one shows up in their system. They will let me put up a $1,000 deposit for one that meets my specs and order it when it hits their system. Being a small dealer they are one of the last to get one.?
[snapback]177001[/snapback]
I can't help except to say kudos on your judgment. The aero kit looks great. I saw one at my dealer today--with style 101 wheels. It all looked super. I'd get one except I am stealthing. I will have the 101s and PS2s intalled tomorrow or Tuesday though. But, that's part of the stealth--saving about 80 lbs. in rolling weight--yiielding about 14 or so flywheel equivalent HP.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

Originally Posted by CoolTones' date='Sep 29 2005, 12:06 PM
My 530i *with* //M-Aero Body kit is expected to arrive mid-October.?

The Vehicle Processing/Distribution Center in Oxnard (maybe the one in the East Coast too, but not sure) just recently offered the opportunity to have the //M-Aero Body kit installed there.

*Warranty* is one of the issues here.? Some of the local Bay Area BMW dealerships are charging around $3K for the //M-Aero Body kit plus paint and install at a local body shop.? I understand that one of the *DISCLAIMERS* being offered is that having this done *may void* the paint warranty? --

Hey, don't shoot the messenger here....?

Another important note.? Be sure you are aware of exactly what the //M-Aero Body kit includes.? The 5-series accessories catalog quotes "Kit consists of front and rear aprons, and left and right side trim. Painting and installation required.".

Well, I paid a little more than $3K to have the //M-Aero Body kit installed at the VPC; HOWEVER, it also includes a "conservative //M-Aero rear wing".

I hope this information helps.? Just trying to *give* to the E60 forum for a change.

Cheers,
Tony
[snapback]177023[/snapback]
Thanks for the info.

Did you order the parts through your dealer and they arranged for installation through the VPC? Or, did you contact the VDC yourself. $3K does not sound too bad installed and painted. I am surprised that this would void the warranty. The VPC is responsible for fixing any damage to cars during shipment and should be capable of painting the car without voiding the warranty. My dealer seems worthless with regard to the Aero kits. Maybe they will come through soon, but so far I am very disappointed. I don't think they even know what the M aero kit is.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hi markt540i,

Regarding the paint warranty, I understand that *if the VPC* does the painting and installation of the //M-Aero body kit that the paint warranty *is* covered. Made sense to me since the VPC is assigned to do any repair work on the BMWs due to shipping damage. The problem lies when you have a 3rd Party body shop do the installation and painting.

As for arranging the //M-Aero Body kit to be installed, my dealer made the necessary arrangements with the VPC. I did nothing, except pay for the service.

It sucks that your dealer is so "uninformed".
Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Cheers,
Tony
Old 09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
SKK
Senior Members

Originally Posted by markt540i' date='Sep 29 2005, 05:22 PM

My dealer in Monroe, LA has not anwered my request for information on this for 4 days now. They also can't order me a 550 until one shows up in their system. They will let me put up a $1,000 deposit for one that meets my specs and order it when it hits their system. Being a small dealer they are one of the last to get one.?
[snapback]177001[/snapback]
Maybe I am missing the point here but why dont you just order the Sport version of the car. You get a lot more beside the outside bodykit - some nice touches inside, tighter suspension, nicer alloys and all done at the factory as well !
Old 09-29-2005, 01:56 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by SKK' date='Sep 29 2005, 03:49 PM
Maybe I am missing the point here but why dont you just order the Sport version of the car. You get a lot more beside the outside bodykit - some nice touches inside, tighter suspension, nicer alloys and all done at the factory as well !
[snapback]177122[/snapback]
Because in the US, there is no M Sport Package...we don't get the M suspension upgrades and all that sort of thing. And if you get the 550i with the standard Sport Package, it doesn't include any of the M body pieces. So all we have is the M Aero Kit, which gives you the M front and rear bumper and side skirts. It's just for looks!

Quick Reply: M Aero Kit listed on BMWUSA website