Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Looking for Tire Service Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

I know the service bulletin for the tire noise / replacement issue is on this forum, but I couldn't find it this morning. I did search the forum with out luck. If anyone has a copy of it or can direct me to it, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

After an hour of looking, I just found it.

Sorry.

For all who are interested, here it the link.

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/bullet...mp/B360205g.htm
Old 11-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

bmwin14rsm,

Good luck getting them replaced
Old 11-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Members

I have been complaining for the past year about tire vibration. Three weeks ago I took my car in for a window problem and requested that they check the front tire vibration again (5th time). They told me my problem was that my front tires had the inside cords showing. They also said there was a bulletin to replace the tires if I had under 20K miles. I had 21,539 miles and they said they couldn't replace them. I informed them that I have been complaining about this since 3K miles. They told me to call BMW and plead my case. I did and was told by BMW NA customer service that I needed to talk with my dealer and also that the replacement was only for cars with less than 10K miles. After the dealer had my car for 3 weeks, they said there was nothing they were able to do and come get my car. They told me they would talk with the regional service manager next time he is in town, however that was the best they could do. This came from the owner of the dealership.

I have since had to purchase new tires, being both front tires were showing inside cords. Any suggestions on were to go from here? I just saw the above bulletin and it describes my wear exactly. I do have the tires and plan to drop them off at the dealership so they can show them to the regional manager.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Ajax545' date='Nov 2 2005, 07:59 PM
and also that the replacement was only for cars with less than 10K miles.?
[snapback]192758[/snapback]

Oh man that sucks...

10K??? I thought it says 20K specifically!! How can they say 10 when the bulletin says 20?
Old 11-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by bmwin14rsm' date='Nov 2 2005, 08:37 AM
I know the service bulletin for the tire noise / replacement issue is on this forum, but I couldn't find it this morning.? I did search the forum with out luck.? If anyone has a copy of it or can direct me to it, I would greatly appreciate it.?
[snapback]192428[/snapback]

So whats wrong? are your tires showing wear? or are they being noisy? or both??? How many miles do you have now?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

hi guys, i am having a crazy problem at hand as well (sorry to highjack the thread)
At 4,000 miles I put on 20" chrome rims which lasted till about 36,000 miles. After, I replaced them back with the Dunlop RF tires and started to notice road noise. I thought...okay thats probably normal but now its very very loud and i don't even enjoy driving the car any more. Now i have 44,000 miles on my car. Being that the tires only actually have about 10K miles on them (the car has 44k) are they going to be covered under warranty? Is there any way to get them replaced??
Old 11-04-2005, 04:56 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by saurabh' post='193271' date='Nov 3 2005, 11:04 PM
hi guys, i am having a crazy problem at hand as well (sorry to highjack the thread)
At 4,000 miles I put on 20" chrome rims which lasted till about 36,000 miles. After, I replaced them back with the Dunlop RF tires and started to notice road noise. I thought...okay thats probably normal but now its very very loud and i don't even enjoy driving the car any more. Now i have 44,000 miles on my car. Being that the tires only actually have about 10K miles on them (the car has 44k) are they going to be covered under warranty? Is there any way to get them replaced??
No. BMW will only replace Dunlop runflat tires that came with the vehicle as standard equipment.

You may have a warranty from the tire manufacturer or your place of purchase, but BMW will not replace them.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by saurabh' post='193271' date='Nov 3 2005, 09:04 PM

Thats a hard one... maybe if you can convince your dealer that you really only have 10K miles on them. see if you can dig out time line proof... receipts and service records to prove your milage... if your dealer willwork with you there might be a chance.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

Thanks guys...i guess something is better than nothing

Quick Reply: Looking for Tire Service Bulletin