Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Loaners from dealers

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 09:03 PM
JWO
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if everyone gets a loaner from your dealer on every visit. Most of the time I get a 'I'm sorry but we're out of loaners right now'. What qualifies a customer to get a loaner car? Does it have to be a major service being performed on your car?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Contributors

JWO,

It has been my experience with 4 different dealers in So Cal over the years that each dealer has different rules. Currently, it has to be a "scheduled maintenance" visit that gets me a free loaner, and if I want to make sure my loaner is a BMW, I have to reserve one in advance. Most of them will give a free loaner if it's major service otherwise it's a rental situation...just my experience.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Members

I take my car to Savage BMW. For me to be able to get a loaner, I have to request it. I havent had any problems getting them from there. But once when I tryed to show up without scheduling, they wouldnt give me one.
Ive also taken my cars to Crevier BMW. They wouldnt give me a loaner, they got me a rental and made me pay for Daily insurance. I also paid for any excess miles over a 50 a day.. Which IS BULL S%*T....

Where are you taking your?
Old 09-25-2004, 02:23 AM
Contributors

If I make my appointment ahead of time I'll get a loaner, otherwise I'll be an enterprise car.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JWO' date='Sep 24 2004, 11:03 PM
I was wondering if everyone gets a loaner from your dealer on every visit.? Most of the time I get a 'I'm sorry but we're out of loaners right now'.? What qualifies a customer to get a loaner car?? Does it have to be a major service being performed on your car?
[snapback]37953[/snapback]
I have no trouble getting a loaner from my dealer, regardless of the service they are performing on the car.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:22 AM
Members

My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

I have not got my car yet, but I ordered from Crevier BMW One of there big selling points is that they give BMW loaner cars. I will let you know for sure when I have my first service.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Im bringing my car in on the 4th of October for a software update. Im hoping for an Enzo Ferrari loaner.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

No such thing as a loaner here in Hong Kong, we have to cab our asses to and from the dealer. Altho occasionally they will offer to deliver your car back to you, then again, would u trust that someone to drive u'r car
Old 09-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Sep 25 2004, 04:23 AM
If I make my appointment ahead of time I'll get a loaner, otherwise I'll be an enterprise car.
[snapback]37994[/snapback]

heezy

may I congratulate on your most excellent avatar. Isn't it nice to be ahead of the crowd.

jonboy
Old 09-26-2004, 09:50 AM
JWO
Members

I take my e36 to Crevier and the e60 to Sterling. I think Crevier has more loaner cars than Sterling but I purchased my car at Sterling so Crevier won't give me a loaner.

My experience with Crevier and now Sterling is that I have to wait at least 3 weeks for an appointment to get a loaner. I don't think I can wait that long for my next appointment. The rattling noise coming from the back door is driving me nuts.

Quick Reply: Loaners from dealers