Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

LI GUYS DONT GO TO HASSEL BMW

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 530i Mtech

well let me start out with the first day i walked into the dealership i test drove the 335 4dr and the 530i. my thing was i didnt want another awd im getting out of a g35x. my father didnt like the 335i he said he felt like he was in a go kart lol (old italian). so he said he will help me with the 530i beacuse its has more room. so we started to order the 530i and since u cant order it casue the new 535 i told him to search for a white one. he found one with navi, prem pack,cold weather pack, pdc, sirus sat radio, comfort seats and active steering. i went on vacation and i get a call that he lost the car but he found one with navi, cold weather pack, and prem pack. i was pissed but it worked out in the long run wit the payments. i would have to call them to see wats the status on the car everytime i got voicemail and different lease payment numbers cause they still thought i was getting the 1st car. then they tell me the car is commin in on the 3 it will be ready by the 6th no later. never once did they call me and keep me up 2 date on the status on the car. i would call them in the morning arround 10 or so and i wouldnt get a phone call untill 830 and i always wasent arround my phone at that time and he would leave me a message saying that hes returning my call never anything about the car and when i would go to call him back the phones were already transfered to voicemail. then they tell me the car is commin on the 9th last fri. me and my father get so pissed we went there and spoke with the general manager and the sales man (Nick Sinclair) and they said the its on the truck from virgina it will be here mon. mon comes along its still not here and finially it will be ready tom THANK GOD!!!. so basically hassel has a big lack of communication between themselves and between their clients. im my eyes it is poor business def not going back to them Rally next time. thanks for listening just wanted to get that off my chest OHHH btw the salesman says he giving us a deal lol he was only takin on 900 my pops went nuts he tells the guy u better go sharpen that pencil
Old 03-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Anthony517' post='402337' date='Mar 13 2007, 03:31 PM
well let me start out with the first day i walked into the dealership i test drove the 335 4dr and the 530i. my thing was i didnt want another awd im getting out of a g35x. my father didnt like the 335i he said he felt like he was in a go kart lol (old italian). so he said he will help me with the 530i beacuse its has more room. so we started to order the 530i and since u cant order it casue the new 535 i told him to search for a white one. he found one with navi, prem pack,cold weather pack, pdc, sirus sat radio, comfort seats and active steering. i went on vacation and i get a call that he lost the car but he found one with navi, cold weather pack, and prem pack. i was pissed but it worked out in the long run wit the payments. i would have to call them to see wats the status on the car everytime i got voicemail and different lease payment numbers cause they still thought i was getting the 1st car. then they tell me the car is commin in on the 3 it will be ready by the 6th no later. never once did they call me and keep me up 2 date on the status on the car. i would call them in the morning arround 10 or so and i wouldnt get a phone call untill 830 and i always wasent arround my phone at that time and he would leave me a message saying that hes returning my call never anything about the car and when i would go to call him back the phones were already transfered to voicemail. then they tell me the car is commin on the 9th last fri. me and my father get so pissed we went there and spoke with the general manager and the sales man (Nick Sinclair) and they said the its on the truck from virgina it will be here mon. mon comes along its still not here and finially it will be ready tom THANK GOD!!!. so basically hassel has a big lack of communication between themselves and between their clients. im my eyes it is poor business def not going back to them Rally next time. thanks for listening just wanted to get that off my chest OHHH btw the salesman says he giving us a deal lol he was only takin on 900 my pops went nuts he tells the guy u better go sharpen that pencil
Yep, Hassel sucks! I ended up going to Rallye, because they gave me the best deal of any dealership in NY. I will never buy from Hassel. Their sales and service departments are awful.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Hassel Motors was sold and the new sales dept. does indeed suck. I ended up buying at Prestige in NJ. I must add, however, that in 35 years of owning BMWs I have not had a better SERVICE DEPT. experience than Hassel. Paul Giaquinto was my SA there and frankly I don't its right to diss his zone with no facts behind it.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by 1600' post='402345' date='Mar 13 2007, 03:57 PM
Hassel Motors was sold and the new sales dept. does indeed suck. I ended up buying at Prestige in NJ. I must add, however, that in 35 years of owning BMWs I have not had a better SERVICE DEPT. experience than Hassel. Paul Giaquinto was my SA there and frankly I don't its right to diss his zone with no facts behind it.
You're right. I shouldn't dis the service department. I've only dealt with the sales department. However, my sales guy from Rallye came from Hassel and just told me horror stories about both departments...hence, one of the reasons he left.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 530i Mtech

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='402385' date='Mar 13 2007, 05:38 PM
You're right. I shouldn't dis the service department. I've only dealt with the sales department. However, my sales guy from Rallye came from Hassel and just told me horror stories about both departments...hence, one of the reasons he left.
horror stories please share
Old 04-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1600' post='402345' date='Mar 13 2007, 03:57 PM
I've used Hassel for the past 7 years for service and Paul is my SA and is the greatest...in the 7 years of dealing with them, i have never had an issue with the service...as a sales dept, they are like most in ny, depending on the car and timing, they can be OK or not ready to play....i bought my prior 2000 e46 from them and had no issues, but when i was looking for my 6er, they would not deal from msrp so i wound up going to JMK in NJ to purchase, though i still use Hassel for all my service....even though i did not buy from them, they are still great for service and even give me loaners when req'd, so sales are sales and service is service, and for service they are great