Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

LEATHER AND WOOD SAMPLES

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006 | 06:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Ever notice when you go furniture shopping they have available materials in a binder. This is the way BMW should display there leather and wood trim colors. Most of the time the dealers dont have all the color combos available to see in a car. As is the case with Auburn. If I hadnt seen it in person, I probablly wouldnt have got it. The pictures they offer are horrible. When your spending so much money you should be able to see a real sample. I was looking at the new X5s options and they have a new tobbaco leather color and bamboo wood, would be nice to be able to see it in person.
Old 12-01-2006 | 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Good point. It makes perfect sense to have that -- except for the problem of all the constant color changes and/or country specific options.

It's still something they should do instead of leaving it up to makes like Maybach, Rolls Royce, etc.
Old 12-01-2006 | 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The E60 is still middle class...

Evereything is so "efficient" today :thumbsdown:
Old 12-01-2006 | 07:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i - Monaco Blue with Auburn Interior. Sport, auto. Ordered 10-30-06

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='362505' date='Dec 1 2006, 07:51 AM
Ever notice when you go furniture shopping they have available materials in a binder. This is the way BMW should display there leather and wood trim colors. Most of the time the dealers dont have all the color combos available to see in a car. As is the case with Auburn. If I hadnt seen it in person, I probablly wouldnt have got it. The pictures they offer are horrible. When your spending so much money you should be able to see a real sample. I was looking at the new X5s options and they have a new tobbaco leather color and bamboo wood, would be nice to be able to see it in person.

They had a sample at the dealership I ordered from, that was the only reason i ordered it. I'm still nervous about it though since I haven't actually seen it in a car.
Old 12-01-2006 | 10:06 AM
Members

Let me use my first post on this fine forum to let you know that my dealer (at the outskirts of Brussels, Belgium) had some custom-made cupboard/drawer arrangement that enabled me to see all possible combinations, very useful indeed.
Old 12-01-2006 | 10:16 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

At my dealer they have, perfectly sorted out for each model. They have an area with two nice sofas and they are offering coffee, I sat there for a while and trying different combos. Useful!
Old 12-01-2006 | 11:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SierraDelta' post='362590' date='Dec 1 2006, 07:06 PM
Let me use my first post on this fine forum to let you know that my dealer (at the outskirts of Brussels, Belgium) had some custom-made cupboard/drawer arrangement that enabled me to see all possible combinations, very useful indeed.
thats what my dealer in england have. Its not in an obvious place for customer use, so you have to ask to see.

cheers

steve
Old 12-01-2006 | 11:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Even if the leather and colors are on sample patchs I would like to see it in person. I was lucky enough to be able to see auburn in person on a white car and decided to order it on a Silver Gray car since I like Silver Gray more...

Pictures dont do Auburn Justice... I think everyone that has ordered auburn or seen it in person agrees... the color is just awesome. You cant go wrong wtih auburn. On any color car.
Old 12-01-2006 | 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Seems like non usa dealers have the color samples. Its these little things that BMW could do to go over the top. Mr sierradelta welcome to the forums, and dont worry the auburn it looks Great. I never heard anybody, who actually got it, complain ...
Old 12-01-2006 | 01:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

IIRC, the bmw booth at javitz ny auto show had samples on the wall

Quick Reply: LEATHER AND WOOD SAMPLES