Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

lease retun questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

my lease ends in early september and i havent got the inspection letter yet. i heard they usuall send it 3 months before but they never did. anyway how long does this inspection usually take?do they give me the list of damages and how much they r gonna charge me? do i just take car to any dealer? can i just return it with acs replica kits on? damn.. time is comming and so many things to take care of......getting a headache......
Old 06-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JiMmY912' post='435088' date='Jun 12 2007, 06:11 PM
my lease ends in early september and i havent got the inspection letter yet. i heard they usuall send it 3 months before but they never did. anyway how long does this inspection usually take?do they give me the list of damages and how much they r gonna charge me? do i just take car to any dealer? can i just return it with acs replica kits on? damn.. time is comming and so many things to take care of......getting a headache......
They come to your house or office and it usually takes about 20 to 30 minutes. When you bring it back to the dealership, they will have a list of any damages that you are responsible for. When the inspector finishes though, he will give you an idea of the damages, if any.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Senior Members

I leased an A4 back in the day, they can be really picky when it comes to inspections. I am assuming BMW is the same way, maybe worse. Clean that baby up, fix any damage before the inspection comes, save some dollars. I got skewed on my lease turn-in (damage fees and over mileage fees) thats why I won't lease another car.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

The following thread may help answer some of these questions...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=38375
Old 06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

thnx for the answers~ So is it better to fix the damages before the inspection? or fix after what ever they told me to fix and get an another inspection later? or just pay watever they charge me?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I'd wait and see what the inspector says, before doing any work and paying out of pocket. You might be surprised at what they let go. Also, in your letter/packet, they send you a clear, circular piece that you use to measure dings, scratches, dents. If it's outside the acceptable area, you might end up paying. If it's withing, you need not pay a dime. But when I returned my E39, the dealer didn't even look. The inspection was already done. The only thing I had to pay for were the rear tires. I had no tread left.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='435552' date='Jun 13 2007, 09:55 PM
I'd wait and see what the inspector says, before doing any work and paying out of pocket. You might be surprised at what they let go. Also, in your letter/packet, they send you a clear, circular piece that you use to measure dings, scratches, dents. If it's outside the acceptable area, you might end up paying. If it's withing, you need not pay a dime. But when I returned my E39, the dealer didn't even look. The inspection was already done. The only thing I had to pay for were the rear tires. I had no tread left.
wat about the acs replica front & rear add ons?? would they just take it with them on? cause i drillred some holes when i install them.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by JiMmY912' post='435579' date='Jun 14 2007, 12:35 AM
wat about the acs replica front & rear add ons?? would they just take it with them on? cause i drillred some holes when i install them.

Take your add ons and leave the holes. The great thing about lease damages is, the assessor can only quote you for how much the actual damage costs - not what it would cost to blend the paint and make it perfect. I had a lease a long time ago and had several large scrapes and dents. The assessor explained to me that he could only recommend charges that reflect the damage itself. So, instead of a large scrape and dent costing $600+ like it would at a body shop, it got marked down as $150 cost to me.

Someone correct me if this has changed in recent years. I haven't had a lease in a while.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525i Monaco Blue w/ baige interior, auto, and premium package. My first BMW. Moving up from a 2004 Acura TSX.

At the Owner's Circle website you can get a good idea of what the inspector is going to be looking for and what is considered normal wear & tear vs. damage. If you make any mods to the car, something as simple as tinting the windows, the inspector will use a more thorough checklist.

They are going to charge you to undo all the mods that you have made.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Performance Pkg, 6 speed manual transmission On-Order: 2007 BMW 530i, Titanium Gray, Black Leather, Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, 6 speed manual transmission, Nav, HUD, PDC, L7, Sirius, Rear Heated Seats

I didn't have an inspection prior to turn-in. There was nothing wrong with my car and my tires were well within specs so my inspection occurred when I turned the car in. All they did was look at the miles and check the tire tread.

Quick Reply: lease retun questions