Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Lease Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a couple of lease questions..

I intend to lease right off the bat..and NOT buy

1. Should I negotiate the price before telling them I am going to lease..the discounted MSRP does affect the lease correct?

2. is the money factor negotiable or set in stone?

3. the new lease offer from bmwfs are they set in stone?
3yr/10000 mile/ 469

what would be my best game plan?
what is the best payment for a 3 yr lease 10 k
3yr lease 12 k?

any advice would be appreciated

Wade
Old 11-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by rphman' post='358178' date='Nov 19 2006, 04:40 PM
I have a couple of lease questions..

I intend to lease right off the bat..and NOT buy

1. Should I negotiate the price before telling them I am going to lease..the discounted MSRP does affect the lease correct?

2. is the money factor negotiable or set in stone?

3. the new lease offer from bmwfs are they set in stone?
3yr/10000 mile/ 469

what would be my best game plan?
what is the best payment for a 3 yr lease 10 k
3yr lease 12 k?

any advice would be appreciated
Wade
congrats on your decision to purchase/lease an E60 Wade!! I leased my first E60....almost everything is negotiable, but how negotiable will depend on your dealership. Just like when they finance a purchase, they try to make money on the leases......

As for negotiating your purchase price.....I believe you should ALWAYS negotiate your best deal possible without talking about any financing. After you have the deal you want for the vehicle, then start talking about financing/leasing terms...

Good luck, and let us know what you get!!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='358214' date='Nov 19 2006, 09:13 PM
Wade
congrats on your decision to purchase/lease an E60 Wade!! I leased my first E60....almost everything is negotiable, but how negotiable will depend on your dealership. Just like when they finance a purchase, they try to make money on the leases......

As for negotiating your purchase price.....I believe you should ALWAYS negotiate your best deal possible without talking about any financing. After you have the deal you want for the vehicle, then start talking about financing/leasing terms...

Good luck, and let us know what you get!!

how did you come out on your lease?
what is your payment?
do you have any of your numbers? ie money factor...msrp..what you negotiated price....

thanks
Wade
Old 11-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by rphman' post='358245' date='Nov 19 2006, 08:23 PM
how did you come out on your lease?
what is your payment?
do you have any of your numbers? ie money factor...msrp..what you negotiated price....

thanks
Wade
I'd have to look all that up......I sold that car about 6 months ago and purchased my 550......I was happy with my payment and the terms, and when I sold, I was able to sell for what I owed....and that was after only being into the lease 8 months. There are lease rates posted on this thread for BMWFS, but it's extremely hard to get that MF, as it's the buy rate for dealers, and they will want to make some kind of bump on the MF....at least that's how it is here.....but, it IS negotiable. Bottom line, get the price you want for the car, and then get the best lease terms you can.......and then ENJOY the car.....it's so fun to drive, it shouldn't be legal!!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Members

I did all the calculations in advance using the BMW FS lease rates (posted here and on roadfly) in an excel spreadsheet. I started at my preferred dealer - they did not want to give me the cash price deal on the car I wanted. I went home and got quotes from a few other local dealers and others in big cities (by the way BMW of Peoria has the lowest prices I have ever seen in writing -- $500 over invoice!).

I did the rest of my negotiating via phone and email. Once I got down to $1000 over invoice I was pretty comfortable with my price and gave my preferred dealer the last crack at it - they came down another $90. I ended up with $910 over invoice on a new 530i Sport.

I told my dealer I wanted the BMW FS November lease rate of 60%/.0005MF and it would be a deal breaker if they did not honor this.

They reluctantly agreed to the financing but did try to make $200 on the acquisition fee ($825 instead of $625). I called their move and pointed out the other local dealer quoted me $625.

In the end, I got a great deal...The sales manager at the dealer also offered me a job but that is another story