Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Just got my new 530D

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 01:35 PM
adm

Just got my 530D today - and have to say it is an awesome drive. I've just done 200m in the UK, and found it tought to keep below 100 on the motorways.

What's more, the car looks great too - I got a great deal on a car the dealer already had and was a little unsure as to how the combination of style 122 wheels and silver grey would look - but it's great.

Also got:

Active steering, dynamic drive, dakota leather, CD changer, nav, bluetooth phone (which works perfectly with my SOny Ericsson T610), electric blinds, mirrors etc...heated seats and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Anyway - fantastic car so far. The diesel is a real surprise, it's smooth and very powerful.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Unfortunately, for us in Singapore, diesel model is not allowed for private passenger cars.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:26 AM

Unlucky - I'd have thought it would be ideal in Singapore. Why can't you guys have Diesel cars ?
Old 01-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Members

congratulations...tell me about engine sound..its noisy ?
Old 01-07-2004, 01:06 PM

Hmmm......it is a little bit noisy at initial start up from cold - on the outside.

But once it gets warmed up, it's difficult to tell. Of course - that's all subjective as I am inside the car !

One thing though - the sound with the windows down when you accelerate is pretty cool though - kind of a sporty roar. With the windows up, it's tough to tell it's a diesel.

40 mpg - plus amazing torque all the way from 2K to 5K revs. It's a lovely motor and pulls like it should be a 4 litre or so petrol engine. It's also a LOT more responsive than I thought it would be. A little lag up to 2K revs, but then the turbo kicks in and it just flies. I'd recommend auto over manual though.

All in all, yes, it is a little noisy at cold start, but from there on, it's fantastic.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Members

this year i want to buy it...coming from 2003 passat 1.9tdi 130..
my choice..530 d..black saphire,active steering,dyn drive,sport seats,logic7,bixenon,wheels 124..
what's your extra's and what recomands you..thanks.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Tim530

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 7 2004, 04:06 PM
A little lag up to 2K revs, but then the turbo kicks
Turbo?

When did BMW add a Turbo to the Diesel Engine on the 530D?
Old 01-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Members

The 530d has always had a turbo, although the E39 had significantly lower boost pressure and therefore lower power. Strangely, though, the E60 does appear to have less lag. Maybe it's just that the overall torque of the engine is so much greater that you don't notice the lag in real life conditions.
I think the reason there is no "t" in the model number is that BMW decided to simplify the badging - the old diesel was badged 525tds.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Members

1st BMW. My car has:
Dynamic Drive - a must have IMO
Active steering - wouldn't be without it having driven 5,000 miles with it. Drove an X-Type Jaguar the other day and at low speed it felt like there was a delay built into the steering.
Dakota leather - nice enough - just personal taste/easier to clean
CD changer - wouldn't be without it
17" wheels - the run flats do seem to have a few drawbacks, esp patter over minor imperfections, but they certainly don't ruin the ride. Anyway, the 16" wheels look crap.
Active headlights (inc Bi-Xenon) - Bi-Xenon a must. Active headlights are nice, well worthwhile if you drive a lot at night on twisty roads.
Through load system - well worth considering
Auto dim/folding mirrors - well worth considering
Auto air con - essential if you have a wife who likes the car 4 degrees hotter than you
Old 01-08-2004, 05:24 AM
Members

....nooo.my wife like 7-8 degree..

Quick Reply: Just got my new 530D