Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Just got back from a service appointment

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Automatic, Premium, Cold Weather, Xenons.

I just got back from my first trip to the dealer since I got my car in July. I only needed my wiper inserts changed since they were worn. I had an appointment for 11:00AM. I did not leave until 12:45PM. When I got in the car after the service was done some of the presets in my iDrive were changed. The biggest being all of my presets for my radio were gone. Also, the door locking option that I had on for the car locking automatically when in motion was turned off and some of the vent settings were changed in the iDrive. My questions are why would they have even done anything with the software for a simple wiper insert change and do you think they did some kind of update to the sotware since the car was there anyway? I doubt it took 1 hour 45 min to change the wipers. I am thinking about calling the service advisor and asking him but wanted to check with you all first. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Unless theres an outstanding recall out for your car and they are suppose to update the software... otherwise I dont see why they would either... and 1:45 for S/W update is quite fast... almost un-heard of fast.

Wait July till now and you need new wipers already??? HAHAHAHA I dont change my wipers for like 2 years! even when its free... cuz they still work...
Old 11-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Automatic, Premium, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Yea its weird...I don't know why but the wipers were streaking water and squeaking loudly. I could barely see at night with the old wipers because the streaking was so bad.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Senior Members

It does sound like a s/w update. Some updates do not require all the modules re-doing, hence quicker than normal.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Yes, it had to be a softare update. Did you look on your receipt? I would think they would note having done an update.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Members

I checked the receipt and there is no mention of a software update. It only indicates that the wiper inserts were changed. I will call the service advisor and check just to make sure. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Formula1' post='203764' date='Nov 26 2005, 07:45 PM
I checked the receipt and there is no mention of a software update. It only indicates that the wiper inserts were changed. I will call the service advisor and check just to make sure. Thanks for your help.
Hummm, and you are very welcome.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:19 AM
Members

Well, guess what. I did not drive the car after getting back from the dealer on Saturday until today. I turn on my car and all of the radio presets are back again. But on Saturday I did turn the car off and on again because I filled up gas and the presets were still gone at that point but they are back today. Isn't that strange?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Formula1' post='204234' date='Nov 28 2005, 10:19 AM
Well, guess what. I did not drive the car after getting back from the dealer on Saturday until today. I turn on my car and all of the radio presets are back again. But on Saturday I did turn the car off and on again because I filled up gas and the presets were still gone at that point but they are back today. Isn't that strange?
It is strange. This behavior has been reported in this forum, and, as I recall, there is a fix. Search around in the more or less current topics, and you probably will find the perinent discussion.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

My trip to the dealer for service never revealed whether I had received an s/w update. When I asked the service rep if my auto had received any updates, I was told if it did, it would reflect of the service receipt I had received after the service appointment. I reviewed the receipt and it did not reveal any update.

Point of my boring responce is check your service receipt, it may reveal if your CIP was updated

Quick Reply: Just got back from a service appointment