Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

It's here!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good News: Stopped at my BMW Center late yesterday to get an update from my client adviser. He told me it was suppose to be later that day/early evening and 5 minutes later, the transport truck pulled up with my car. Took 30 or so minutes to unload the 530 xi, X5 & 645. The car looks like it is a beauty with all order options on the sticker.

Bad News: Unscheduled business trip to west coast will not put me back to take delivery until Friday afternoon. Oh well, at least I kknow it's here and will be safely locked up insde the detail garage away from all of the "lookey-lews". I cannot complain too much as it was May 26th order and I had a VIN on June 6th.

Thanks to all in this forum for your words of wisdom ad advice prior to ordereing, production and shipment support. It was nice to share the pain with fellow forum enthusists.

I'll snap some diggie pics and post over the weekend.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 03/2003 530i manual, silver, leather truffle brown, wood dash, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) , alarm, protective windows, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, phone pro with sliding armrest, nav business/mp3, logic 7, cd changer, rear heated seats, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, fold down rear seats, skibag, run flats on 17" 122-style rims

it will be hard to think about something else until delivery. believe me you are not good for a business trip right now. just have 2 days holiday and enjoy your new toy
Old 07-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

congrats!!!
hope u have many happy and safe miles!!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Members

I recently bought the 525xi and I can?t wait until it comes in . I hope the xdrive will perform

Cheers,
Jack
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Pray for Friday.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Same thing happened to me... my sales advisor called me on a Saturday to inform me that the car was coming off the truck - I was out of town on business and wasn't able to get the car until Tuesday of the next week. Let me tell you - these are going to be some hard days for you.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by joneill' date='Jul 19 2005, 02:55 PM
Good News: Stopped at my BMW Center late yesterday to get an update from my client adviser. He told me it was suppose to be later that day/early evening and 5 minutes later, the transport truck pulled up with my car. Took 30 or so minutes to unload the 530 xi, X5 & 645.? The car looks like it is a beauty with all order options on the sticker.

Bad News: Unscheduled business trip to west coast will not put me back to take delivery until Friday afternoon. Oh well, at least I kknow it's here and will be safely locked up insde the detail garage away from all of the "lookey-lews". I cannot complain too much as it was May 26th order and I had a VIN on June 6th.

Thanks to all in this forum for your words of wisdom ad advice prior to ordereing, production and shipment support. It was nice to share the pain with fellow forum enthusists.

[snapback]150786[/snapback]
congrats!
Old 07-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue/Auburn/Popular Wood Trim*Steptronic*NAV* Cold Weather Package*Rear Sunshades*Rear Side AirBags*Rear Heated Seats*Fold Down Rear Seats*Sport Package*Premium Sound*HUD*SAT Radio*

Originally Posted by joneill' date='Jul 19 2005, 03:55 PM
Good News: Stopped at my BMW Center late yesterday to get an update from my client adviser. He told me it was suppose to be later that day/early evening and 5 minutes later, the transport truck pulled up with my car. Took 30 or so minutes to unload the 530 xi, X5 & 645.? The car looks like it is a beauty with all order options on the sticker.

[snapback]150786[/snapback]
CONGRATS Glad to here your finally close to picking up your baby.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Congratulations! Enjoy, but pics soon please.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545i now' date='Jul 20 2005, 12:32 AM
Congratulations! ? Enjoy, but pics soon please.
[snapback]151006[/snapback]
Thanks all.!!

Yea, should have stayed home and skipped the trip. I've been looking at my watch since I got up at 4:00 AM today wondering when Thursday night will come and the "smoker" comes and picks me up to take me home.

I"ll snap some digggies photos and post this weekend.