Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

ISO Body Shop Recommendations in Chicagoland/Suburbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 M5

Hi guys,
I'm looking for some good/reputable body shops in the Chicagoland area that actually specialize in BMW aftermarket installs (and not just deal in damage repairs...only). There must be some around, but it seems like I just haven't gotten the right leads yet. And that's where you come in!

I live in Schaumburg, IL (ZIP 60195), and what I was able to gather through BMW forums/boards thus far is not very much. If you happen to live in the Chicagoland area as well, can you recommend some "good body shops" (e.g. for M-tech or other aero kit installs, muffler/exhaust work & paint)?

Besides, do you have any experience (or positive/negative "hear-say") with regard to any of the following shops?
  • Speed Inc - Schaumburg, IL 60193
  • Pro Function - Burr Ridge, IL 60527
  • Chicago Motorsportz - Arlington Heights , IL 60005
  • VS Motorsports - Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
  • AMS Performance - West Chicago, IL 60185
  • Renn-art - Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Please let me know, so I can finally get my 530i a more custom look come Spring...
Thanks!

Armin
Old 02-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Members

Waz up dude,

I also live close to Schaumburg, IL. I have a 08 535i and want to give my bimmer a little more custom look as well. I'm pretty new to this forum so let me know if there are local meets or anything that you go to.

Thanks,
Moe
Old 02-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Try A&L bodyshop in Palatine, they did a bumper repair on my car and I can certainly recommend them. Fellow member Howitzer did a lot of work with them. Ask for Anthony. They are an Indy shop as well.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Members

Thanks Masterspy.

I need to get to two MINOR door dings out on the rear passenger door. It's on the same panel. I guess they can take care of this as well.

I have used Carnica in Des Plaines, IL and I've been very happy with them. Here is there site: http://www.carnicainc.com/. Talk to Charlie and tell him Awara sent you. He'll take care of you.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Members

Hi Masterspy & awara1 -

Thanks for the input! Funny, you should ask (Masterspy)... I have actually been trying to check out A&L already last Saturday, but they were closed. Actually, I consider that a good sign: a shop must be doing good (=a good job, with lots of repeat clients) if they can afford being closed on the weekends.. Had the same thing with my old repair place (North Pointe Motors in Skokie), and they did a real good job. Just too far away from where I used to live, and they only do standard repairs as far as I know. Never asked about aftermarket mods, but that didn't make much sense with my aging 2001 323iT back then anyway.

I actually followed Howitzer's sig, and when I realized that AL& is located just about 10 Miles North of me, it was a no-brainer to check 'em out. Requested a quote for M5 OEM rear install/paint + quad exhaust install yesterday, and have to say that my first impression of the place was pretty good. Let's see how the quotes turn out. Had a good conversation with Val, which gives me hope that they won't take my last shirt and yet do a good job...

Thanks, guys!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

how far are you from IND

http://www.ind-distribution.com/contact.html

they do great work....
Old 02-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Members

Hi GENEaTALS,

Mmmh... that seems to be the same place (the one that Howitzer recommended

http://<span style="color:#2200C1"><...</span></span> - more info »1979 W Dundee Rd # 1, Palatine, IL(847) 991-5620

I did notice the "IND" logos everywhere, but I didn't ask how it all fits together. Val's business card also reads "A & L".
Anyways, it doesn't really matter, i guess. I'm just glad to hear it seems to be a good/recommended shop...

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by ZGERMAN
Hi GENEaTALS,

Mmmh... that seems to be the same place (the one that Howitzer recommended

A & L Auto Body - more info »1979 W Dundee Rd # 1, Palatine, IL(847) 991-5620
I did notice the "IND" logos everywhere, but I didn't ask how it all fits together. Val's business card also reads "A & L".
Anyways, it doesn't really matter, i guess. I'm just glad to hear it seems to be a good/recommended shop...

Thanks!
It could be that IND uses A & L to do all there paint and body work.....

IND's work can be found all over m3posts and other forums....I have a couple of products from them and their paint work and quality is good...