Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010 | 10:11 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Hey guys,

I recently (last month) got sidewiped by some idiot and to make a long story short i still haven't been able to get my car fixed because of some agent error. After this situation is resolved I plan on dropping my insurance carrier ie Mercury and looking for someone else because they dont deserve my business. I don't pay thousand of dollars every year just for the one time i need it for them to mess it up. I would like to get your thoughts on what companies you guys have also if any Los Angeles members viewing this could give some insight to local agents that they deal with that are reputable. Thanks in advance for all the help guys.
Old 02-10-2010 | 10:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco blue / beige Dakota leather , sport package , premium package ,cold weather package , nav , iPod connectivity

i hade geico for a long time , but i after i got into an accident and had the cops chase me on my old tottaled g37. geico threw me out i had a difficulty finding a new one due to my driving record . i switched to allstate and they gave me an amazing rate. i had my g37 tottaled by my lil cousin that is not even on the policy and they paid up in a matter of a month and my policy still didnt go up. i hope it will never go up. try allstate
Old 02-10-2010 | 10:29 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by BKbimmer
i hade geico for a long time , but i after i got into an accident and had the cops chase me on my old tottaled g37. geico threw me out i had a difficulty finding a new one due to my driving record . i switched to allstate and they gave me an amazing rate. i had my g37 tottaled by my lil cousin that is not even on the policy and they paid up in a matter of a month and my policy still didnt go up. i hope it will never go up. try allstate
Thanks for that input!!! Im am going to be shopping around so i will definitely check them out
Old 02-10-2010 | 08:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i | sliver grey metallic | SMG trans | sports package | premium | cold weather | HUD | navi | PDC | sunshades | logic 7 | Ipod | MODS - (Mtech v2 angels )(8000k headlights and fogs)( Full Xenon kit) (///M shifter) (LCI u.s spec tails) (285/30/20 & 255/30/20 beyern baroque 3pc rims) 03 FX45 AWD | silver| sports package| premium package| (WIFE) (sold)06 330i | cherry red | sports package| premium | cold weather | logic 7 | Ipod | ( WIFE )

i also have allstate and put in 2 claims without a rate increase.
Old 02-10-2010 | 08:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

+1 for allstate. Depending on your record, they have some great programs that reward good drivers, and even better rates with multiple policies (home owners, multiple cars, boat, etc) I switched from State Farm after they were practically stealing from me. From now on, I get insurance quotes every two years.
Old 02-10-2010 | 08:29 PM
GsQ
Contributors

Thanks guys for the input..Maybe soon i'll be in allstate hands. Gonna have to check out what they have to offer. I have a pretty good record. So we will see
Old 02-10-2010 | 10:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i

try Costco insurance. they are from Ameriprise. Very nice and courteous claim service. i had someone rear ended my bmw, the at fault party's insurance (progressive) try to give me refurb parts and deny some damages. needless to say, i went straight to my insurance - no hassle with getting the car fix with oem parts, the way i wanted.

whatever u do, look for their claim service quality.

ps - don't even bother with liberty mutual. they have nice customer service but their claim service is the worst even when you're not at fault. and i live in socal too. when i canceled my insurance with them and the csr ask why, i let the csr know how horrible my experience with their claim service and the csr agreed, kinda like they know about it already. that's y i'm with Costco Insurance.
Old 02-11-2010 | 09:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

I had State Farm and thought I was paying too much so I shopped around. Allstate was by far the most expensive and Geico was the cheapest. All told, I saved about half when I switched. I used to pay $2200 and now I'm around $1200. Not too bad.
Old 02-11-2010 | 10:05 AM
GsQ
Contributors

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ
I had State Farm and thought I was paying too much so I shopped around. Allstate was by far the most expensive and Geico was the cheapest. All told, I saved about half when I switched. I used to pay $2200 and now I'm around $1200. Not too bad.
Interesting Thanks for the input
Old 02-11-2010 | 01:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

I have Allstate. Never had a problem with them.

Quick Reply: Insurance