Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I took some pics of my 545iA

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 01:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where did u get the umbrellas? n most importantly, how much did u pay for them.
they are in the accessories book (u.s. version), page 39. $53.95 each.
btw, iceman, i think you should change your user name. change it to "evilman" . you made all of us want to add more and more and more and more options/accessories. you must be one of the bmw stockholders .
Old 08-20-2004, 01:52 AM
Senior Members

Iceman, absolutely amazing my friend

I didn't know you could have the seat ventilation and heating on at the same time. Awesome!
Old 08-20-2004, 03:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Damn!! Ice... fantastic...options: WOW the real reference benchmark for all
BMW options...

PS how does your voice rec. work..? Is it reliable ?

TIA

Andy
Old 08-20-2004, 04:21 AM
JDN
Contributors

Nice, Ice.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Thanks for your kind comments, guys. I really appreciate it!

Now, lots of questions to answer...

Option codes... I try to find the list with my order and hope I didn't threw it away allready. If I find it I'll post it.
The umbrellas and the illuminated door sills are in the accessories brochure, as well as the fire extinguishers (it was funny when I washed my car yesterday that the guy with the Ferrari next to me had fire extinguishers too ). I also have the cooling box, cargo net,cargo straps and the car cover.
Also I have a portable DVD player to put on the passenger seats sun blind, what has a remote and works on the cigarette lighter. It also has a battery, Dolby digital 5.1 with optical out, TV out, headset plug. I had to add this because BMW is still not able to provide us with a software upgrade that brings the ability to the nav drive to watch DVD's...
Anyways, voice recognition works absolutely fantastic! Almost without problems. Don't want to miss it. Even my phone book works. I never recorded any number in my phone book via voice, but the system understands me! It's amazing and makes it so much easier, because you can concentrate on the traffic. It's allways fun when ppl are in the car and you start giving voice commands. And sometimes you feel like "Michael Knight".
ACC is a real cool option. It works almost perfect, I just miss the option to shut the sensor off and use it as a regular CC. But I hope BMW will add this to the system in the NEAR future, and hopefully as a software upgrade. I really like using it in bad weather conditions since the systems radar sensor can see better than your eye. When cruising on the highway it's amazing. At the beginning I was a little scared and wanted to brake, but the system is doing a perfect job. It also perfectly recognizes if the car moving on to your lane in front of you is accelerating or slowing down. When it accelerates your speed will remain the same. Truly an amzing feature where BMW just has to add the ability to shut the sensor off...
Ventilation and heater can be used together and that's actually what I do a lot. Sounds kinda stupid, I know, but once you use it you'll really enjoy it. It keeps your back warm, but you don't sweat. The massage function is AFAIK not available in the US.
And talking about the umbrellas again...
In the brochure the umbrella is shown to be installed in the passenger footwell's left, above the net. But then it's way too visible and you can't really use the net if you would like to. So I decided to install them under the rear seats and so far nobody in my backseat had any problems with them. They are pointing in, so that I can reach through and pull them out from the front seat. You can turn them around and have them pointing out whenever you want, but I don't want to open the door, jump out, open the rear door and grab the umbrella when it's raining out there... That's why they are pointing to the inside of the car. I allways had the problem that my rain gear was at home and no umbrella anywhere near, when it started raining... So I found adding umbrellas is a great idea because you allways heva them when you need them...

BTW, I do NOT have all options... But most of them...
Old 08-20-2004, 05:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

As far as I see you have all the options we all would want
Old 08-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Contributors

I saw you posted a picture in another thread and was thinking to myself that I have never seen any pictures of your car. I guess I hadn't. It?s nice to see you settling in with the new camera. Keep sharing
Old 08-20-2004, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='Aug 20 2004, 04:38 PM
I saw you posted a picture in another thread and was thinking to myself that I have never seen any pictures of your car. I guess I hadn't. It?s nice to see you settling in with the new camera. Keep sharing
Yeah, you're right. It's no fun with 1MP, but when you have 8...
Old 08-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

Good taste in color too!
Old 08-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Contributors

Ice"youarethe"man:
WOW!!!!!!! I don't think it could be any nicer - fabulous. Thanks for the visual treat.

Quick Reply: I took some pics of my 545iA