Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I LOVE MY DEALERSHIP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Cold Weather Package Navigation and Logic7 Package Sport Suspension Package

So i took my car in because i got a error sign saying passenger airbag malfunction.. my 545i's warranty just expired in February and i was kinda of nervous if i would have any crazy cost . i did purchase an extended warranty from the dealership but its was not from BMW. so when i get there the sa told me that i would have to pay $120 just for them to check it out. so i agreed because i have no other choice and left with the loaner. (by the way the loaner was a 328i coupe.. really nice) i get a call later in the day and the SA was telling that the part the turns off the airbag if a child sit in the front set was damaged and needed to be replaced.. he tells me that it was very expensive and that my third party warranty does not cover airbag problems.. so im thinking to myself im really fucked!!! but instead the SA said he fixed it for me under warranty, he called it BMW good faith warranty.. i couldnt believe it.. when i went to pick up my car he showed me the invoice of what it would have cost and it was over $800!!!! and i didnt have to pay a penny, not even the original $120 to look at the car!!! So i figured i owe the guy a lunch or something, so i got him gift card.. i justed wanted to share...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Space Gray and Black Dakota. Sports package with 19 style 172. First BMW and is AWESOME

What dealer? I live close to Princeton NJ and was thinking of using them.....

Originally Posted by xxrap985xx' post='864354' date='Apr 30 2009, 04:09 PM
So i took my car in because i got a error sign saying passenger airbag malfunction.. my 545i's warranty just expired in February and i was kinda of nervous if i would have any crazy cost . i did purchase an extended warranty from the dealership but its was not from BMW. so when i get there the sa told me that i would have to pay $120 just for them to check it out. so i agreed because i have no other choice and left with the loaner. (by the way the loaner was a 328i coupe.. really nice) i get a call later in the day and the SA was telling that the part the turns off the airbag if a child sit in the front set was damaged and needed to be replaced.. he tells me that it was very expensive and that my third party warranty does not cover airbag problems.. so im thinking to myself im really fucked!!! but instead the SA said he fixed it for me under warranty, he called it BMW good faith warranty.. i couldnt believe it.. when i went to pick up my car he showed me the invoice of what it would have cost and it was over $800!!!! and i didnt have to pay a penny, not even the original $120 to look at the car!!! So i figured i owe the guy a lunch or something, so i got him gift card.. i justed wanted to share...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

BMW does many such acts of "good faith." You are entitled to one or two of these per car for the life of your vehicle. They are parted out with at the discretion of your dealership so it does help to have a good rapport with them...

I have had my steering bushings, control arm, battery and door seals changed all in good faith by BMW NA. Nevermind that I have the BMW Original Owner Warranty to 100K (my car as 74K) but those items are wear and tear and are not included in the post 50K miles warranty.

It's like my grandma used to say - you give a little love, you get a little love.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

Wow!! That's an incredible story. I've been burned by my dealership many times over with my '99 540i/6 in the past... so far, so good with my E60...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Can they good faith me with a new M5?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i M sport

Originally Posted by xxrap985xx' post='864354' date='Apr 30 2009, 03:09 PM

Im glad you like your SA, but he is feeding you a line of shit. Your car, like mine, is likely included in the recall on the passenger airbag. This was made public recently and that is why they are fixing it for free. If he truly were doing you an act of good faith, he would never have quoted you the $120.00 diagnostic fee. Whatever the case, im glad you are not paying for it. Enjoy the car
Old 04-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nikko64' post='864453' date='Apr 30 2009, 05:25 PM
Im glad you like your SA, but he is feeding you a line of shit. Your car, like mine, is likely included in the recall on the passenger airbag. This was made public recently and that is why they are fixing it for free. If he truly were doing you an act of good faith, he would never have quoted you the $120.00 diagnostic fee. Whatever the case, im glad you are not paying for it. Enjoy the car
+1 I was thinking the same thing. I recently received the recall notice about this issue. It has to do with the matt inside the seat that detects if a child is sitting on the seat. When the matt fails, the airbag light goes on.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 (07/03) 530i, Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Leather, Premium Package, Sports Package, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenons, euro red reflectors, K/N air filter, Falken 452's

Originally Posted by nikko64' post='864453' date='Apr 30 2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks, my thought exactly, some stealers really have a lot of nerve. Probably figured the OP was ignorant of the recall.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

What a buzz kill. Let the guy enjoy his positive experience already.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='864512' date='Apr 30 2009, 06:15 PM
What a buzz kill. Let the guy enjoy his positive experience already.

+1

Quick Reply: I LOVE MY DEALERSHIP!!!