Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I drove one :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 01:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Intresting on what new information you taught me about the E60's trunk. But for the person who doesn't know this there most likely going to think just the way I did. I know several persons who have test drivin or gone to see the new 5 and said the same thing i thought.

New to another test drive on this past saturday, I test drove another 530iA with the premuim package and sport package. WOW what a difference there is between the non sport and the sport package. first of all i made a u turn out of the dealerships parking lot to take it out on the road. i reached the complete end of the turning radius so quick which amazed me. as soon as i made the first turn the steering felt totally natural and precise. going down the road at around 35 MPH the steering does feel extremly quick but not twichy like some other cars out of the BMW brand. also taking a few S-Curves gave total pure driving pleasure. taking the 530i through these turns belies the cars weight and size, really feeling like a much smaller car then it is, especially with the Active roll bars which really does keep the car totally flat and excellent body control. As Speed creeps up to higher speeds on the highways the new 5 felt so stable and controled you can feel like you would never lose control. Percise, quick steering at lower speeds and a heavier more stable less assist at higher speedsis what this new 5 is all about. again BMW is setting the new standard which other car companies will now have to straive to reach. once you drive the new active steering you will wish your car had it too.

as for ride quality the sport suspension felt very comfortable and supple under all conditions i drove it on. the run flat tires don't produce harshness at all and gave excellent grip. and the active Roll bars is a better approach then the Mercedes Benz Armatic suspension or even the S-Class or CL-Class ABS(active body control) system. and i would know cause i have driven pleanty of them serveral times.

over all my opinion on the new E60 with the sport package is a must have not only for the new found sport handling but also as a saftey approach since the active steering helps to counter act against any under/overstear and keeps the DSC from working and cutting out anyfun.

Congratulations BMW for the Perfect Job for the new standard of the Ultimate driving machines for years to come......Now if you could only make the interior as nice as the E39 you would truly have the perfect product in this segment
Old 09-30-2003, 08:29 AM
Members

By the way, how is everything going in your car? Thanks
It?s going quite good....

The car now has about 1864 miles (3000km) on it.
I have noticed that the engine has become a bit quicker and that mpg is better now compared to when the car was brand new.

The glitches and faults so far is as follows:

One frontlight unit is misting up during and/or after carwash.
CD player has refused to work 2 or 3 times (solution has been turning of the car an letting it rest for a while)
Navigation system sometimes seems to be a bit confused and give wrong instructions.

Other than this there have been no problems with the car.
I?m getting the frontlight unit replaced shortly and the car will also at same time have the I-drive software updated. So hopefully the CD and Nav problems will also be solved.

I will also be looking out for winter tires soon. The selection of run-flat M+S tyres however seems to be quite small. An alternative is however to get the E60 spare tire set installed and be able to choose regular non run-flat tires.
Wheel and tyre size is however also not decided upon yet.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:05 AM
Members

One frontlight unit is misting up during and/or after carwash.
CD player has refused to work 2 or 3 times (solution has been turning of the car an letting it rest for a while)
Navigation system sometimes seems to be a bit confused and give wrong instructions.
Hey Beemer,

Sorry to hear about your glitches, but I have one question for you. You stated that your Navigation system is messing up a little. I thought Navigation wasn't avaliable until March of 2004? <_<

On another note I saw a E55 the other day running about 90mph Damn it looked good.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Members

You stated that your Navigation system is messing up a little. I thought Navigation wasn't avaliable until March of 2004?
Well, I was refering to the 606 Business Navigation system that has been available here in Europe since launch.
This is a smaller system than the 609 Professional Navigationsystem.
Basically the difference between the two systems is that Business Nav. only have voice and arrow guidance and doesn?t display maps.
Also the Business Nav. isn?t available with voice activation. The last I heard was that 609 Professional Navigation system will be avialable here in Europe from december production.