5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   I actually had a fairly decent service experience! (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/i-actually-had-fairly-decent-service-experience-3355/)

SueBMW 09-30-2004 05:28 PM

As most of you know, I have had a history of less than stellar service, and a more than normally problematic car. I also had my clutch give out this weekend. Very disappointed that roadside would not tow my car to my selling dealer, since they were the ONLY dealership that was ever helpful, I reluctantly called one of my local dealers, asking how long it would take to get my car in for an emergency (Remember, last time, at this very same dealership, when my car caught fire, it was still 30 days to an "emergency" appointment). To my surprise, he said he could take it today and look at it no later than tomorrow. He even secured a loaner car for me (which would be Enterprise). I had roadside tow the car, and he even had a chance to look at it that day. It took from Monday to Thursday morning to be done. He replaced the clutch, and performed the recall. He didn't get to the other 11 things on my list, but that's understandable. He wanted me to schedule another appointment. They did wash the outside of the car, which I appreciate. The service advisor was also VERY polite the entire time, which has never been my previous experience.
I have a few beefs:
-I had JUST cleaned the interior of the car (like less than 12 hours) before the clutch went out. When the car was returned to me, the interior was really dirty. Lots of debris on the floor and grime on the door panel.
-They installed a REMANUFACTURED clutch
-The service advisor never called me on his own. I always had to call for an update. To be fair, he always called me back very quickly, but I shouldn't have to be the one checking in on my car.
-I'm assuming they did something with the software of the car, because all of my radio presets and seat presets are gone (and now I have "RDS" as an option on the radio). They didn't reset any of it. The other dealers always wrote that info down before the update, and put it all back in when they were done.

All in all, though, this was by far the best service experience I've had, and I wanted to share something positive for a change.

branie555 09-30-2004 05:34 PM

Wow! Glad to hear you finally got a break. Hope your lucky streak continues. :)

alohalc 09-30-2004 09:20 PM

time to pop a champagne :wow:! congrats :lol:! have you had your previous services done by the same service advisor this time? if not, stick w/him. if you did, probably the dealer finally had too many complaints and they have to do something about it. anyway, it's a good start :thumbsup:. as far as the clutch, i'm just curious, how do you know it's remanufactured? and for all your radio & seat settings, if they marked everything down and reset everything back for you, it's more than "regular" service. i think most of the dealers won't do this. this kind of small touch is separating good and great dealers. i've never experienced any "great" service from my dealer before :angry:. and the dirty interior, you can simply tell the service advisor. he will and should ask their guys to clean it up for you w/o any hesitation. lastly, the follow up calls, man, i know what you mean. i normally wait at least 2-3 days before making any phone calls. depends on the situation. i'm the type of person who can't stand this. but i understand not everybody is the same as us, so responsible :wow: :whistle:. so now i've learned people doing things differently and is ok. but that's their job to do all the follow ups and they get paid to do that. so i sometimes think that's also the management's problem. if they have a good system or have a good training, this kind of "unprofessional" service won't happen to us :angry:.

Jimbo 09-30-2004 09:28 PM

Whenever I pick up my car from service, I take my quick detailer spray and go over the entire car so I can inspect it while I shine it. I also inspect the interior and wipe down the rims. I've picked up on a lot of problems caused by the service people doing this. I've learned the hard way.

Next time I won't sign my paperwork until I have test driven it, inspected it and checked it out.

SueBMW 10-01-2004 04:37 AM

It says remanufactured right on the RO.

It's the same service advisor who was unbearable last time. He was the one who chewed me out for "waiting" so long to get in for service when I had the fire, even though I did my very best to convince him it was an emergency and begged to get in sooner. The dealership refused to let me switch service advisors.

They are supposed to write down your settings. Not doing it is getting paid for part of the job they didn't complete. I don't care about the seat... there would be no way to reset those. It's just the radio, the lock settings, the seat movement settings, the climate settings, etc....

and Jimbo, sorry, but they aren't supposed to detail your car, just wash it. They're also only supposed to wash the outside. It just bothered me that the inside was a lot dirtier than when I gave it to them. It's a lot better than last time, though, when there were parts wrappers, spilled coffee (neither my husband or I drink coffee), and the windows had obviously been left down in the rain.

SueBMW 10-01-2004 05:00 AM

Ok, I TAKE IT BACK! Now the friggin POS has "WARNING! Oil at minimum level!!" on it. I AM SO SICK OF THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!

SueBMW 10-01-2004 05:30 AM

And I take it back even more now! When I went to pop the hood to see if the oil was indeed missing, there is some sensor hanging out in the open right above the hood release! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Iceman 10-01-2004 05:45 AM

Oh man, that sux! I feel with you SueBMW! :(

Flowerfred 10-01-2004 12:12 PM

Oh dear. This keeps getting worse for you.

Have you considered not bringing back the loaner and let them keep the car until there has been an agreement? You might even want to to get a new credit card that you immediately block after they've taken the details..

I know, not enough background information, just trying to be helpful.

juan2mini 10-01-2004 01:40 PM

SueBMW:
Kinda of sad that getting a "fairly decent service experience" warrants comment. It seems like you have been treated badly by every BMW entity out there. Hope it all works out in the end to your satisfaction. Good luck