Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I'm tired of BMW Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm furious with BMW. I bought this car because of all of the great things BMW has shown in their past cars.

Customer Service at my dealer feels like the same as in the hillbillies. No one has the same information on this car from bmwna to dealerships - radio, electronics, cell phone vs bmw cell phone, Sattelite Radio, iPod, etc, etc.

My sound quality in my 525i is poorer than my last f150 truck. To upgrade you are looking at an additional $1,200+ to change stereos & $800 to install fm modulator for sat.

My dealer refused to install the eject box in my car because i won't provide them with a working bmw v60i, I?m going to use a verizon v60, they said they will not be held responsible.

Now the kicker - before I bought my bmw, I bragged and bragged to my dealer about my xm radio experience and how I couldn't imagine owning another car without it, I?ve been using it since it first came out. Sounds simple enough. When I took delivery of my car, the dealer said all I need to do is register the radio and presto. There wasn't a sat radio and they didn't even provide me with a car that needed a $75 sat radio prep option added. Are you kidding me, I just paid a large amount of money on a car that I am unhappy driving.

To fix this, you can only buy an fm modulator. Went that route and it's the worst quality. Interception constantly.

Sorry to RANT like this, but it's been building & BUILDING inside of me to have these options and CAN NOT GET THEM NOW.

I can't imagine buying another BMW with how I've been treated.

michaelg
Old 10-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Senior Members

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'd trade it for another F150. You may not be a "BMW Guy."
Old 10-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Contributors

Sorry to read about your experience. If you signed an orfer for Sat then they owe you a car with Sat. I would take it above there heads if they do not follow the order. Normallyu I would not tel you to get another car but since you have to order at least prep to get it I would ask for a differetn car. I hope everything works out for you.
Members

true, thought i was going to be getting a better car. only use the f150 for fishing.

being a gadget guy and having the dealer sell the car as a great car for such gadgets, this car doesn't make it.
Senior Members

welcome aboard, michaelg ! seems like we have another bad dealer around . is bmw listening ?
Old 10-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Senior Members

BMW will provide you with each and every option that you actually PURCHASE.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Senior Members

It's BMWs fault because you failed to purchase premium sound?
Old 10-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Senior Members

Seems like more testing/investigating should have been done before the car was purchased.

As far as what to do now, if you're unhappy about things that can't be changed, then you might want to trade the car in and get what you want.
Otherwise you'll never be happy.

Chalk it up to experience and move-on. Life's to short.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

You like DRIVING
Old 10-09-2004, 06:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

You like DRIVING the car, No?

Quick Reply: I'm tired of BMW Customer Service