Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.
View Poll Results: Before purchasing your E60, how much did you get behind the wheel?
Test drive at the dealer. That was all I needed.
63.64%
Extensive dealer drives, multiple trips.
18.18%
Previous E60 owner
2.42%
Other
15.76%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

How much did you drive the E60 before purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 01:38 AM
KAF
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Twice, once in the 530D tourer, then in the 525D to see if I could live with the lower powered engine................................No !

Was also looking at the Honda Accord Tourer as we really need a large cargo space for Dog, golf clubs etc.

Had driven the BMW to day before, when I mentioned this to the Honda guy his face dropped, he threw me the keys to the Honda, told me to keep it for a day and lost interest. He clearly knew what was going to happen!
Old 01-14-2006, 02:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='224019' date='Jan 13 2006, 11:29 PM
I was shopping for a new car and went for MB I don't even know how I ended up taking the only e60 on the lot for a test drive (actually used 2004). The drive was less than 5 minutes and I was already sold on it. not that MB are not great...but I was ready for a more sporty car. Ordered my car a week later I absolutely love it. Glad I learn everything about the e60 here, so I could really decide on my next one...(mmmm....already did 550i White/black )
thank god for saving one more person from the MB desease
Old 01-14-2006, 02:52 AM
Contributors

I already knew that I am going to order an AWD vehicle since my previous car was AWD (Volvo S60). No way I would go back to 2WD. Our second child was born in 2005 and the Volvo was getting a bit small. After some desktop research I narrowed my options down to E60 and Audi A6. I took the Audi for a test drive first, and it was a nice car, especially the interior. However, the exterior design bothered me somewhat. It lacks character, and looks like a flattened bread roll somebody accidentally sat on.

Then took the E60 for a good 2 hour test drive. I actually drove back home and tested also with the Mrs how the baby stroller fits in the trunk etc. The car was a delight to drive, and the road noise was clearly better supressed than in Audi A6. When I returned back to the dealership and handed over the keys to the receptionist I had my decision already made. Marched straight away to the desk of the salesperson, and 30min later the order was in the BMW system...

The car should arrive in about 3 weeks time. The wait is killing me!
Old 01-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by Heikki' post='224072' date='Jan 14 2006, 01:52 PM
I already knew that I am going to order an AWD vehicle since my previous car was AWD (Volvo S60). No way I would go back to 2WD. Our second child was born in 2005 and the Volvo was getting a bit small. After some desktop research I narrowed my options down to E60 and Audi A6. I took the Audi for a test drive first, and it was a nice car, especially the interior. However, the exterior design bothered me somewhat. It lacks character, and looks like a flattened bread roll somebody accidentally sat on.

Then took the E60 for a good 2 hour test drive. I actually drove back home and tested also with the Mrs how the baby stroller fits in the trunk etc. The car was a delight to drive, and the road noise was clearly better supressed than in Audi A6. When I returned back to the dealership and handed over the keys to the receptionist I had my decision already made. Marched straight away to the desk of the salesperson, and 30min later the order was in the BMW system...

The car should arrive in about 3 weeks time. The wait is killing me!
Did You order from Lakkonen?

I orredered mine with out test drive, but when first ones came to Finland I was there to drive it, unfortunately they did not have manual 530d, but I knew that I made right decision by ordering manual.

Skaffa
Old 01-14-2006, 07:15 AM
JDN
Contributors

There was no E60 available for a test drive, so I drove a Z4 SMG. Then I got on the six month wait list and yep -- I waited. So my delivery was the first time I drove an E60. Wheeeee!
Old 01-14-2006, 07:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I first saw the E60 at a VIP presentation in the spring of '03, then I got a loaner for a day.

But it took mor than a year from that before I purchased my first E60,
a second hand car with 13.000 kms.

The one I got in July was brand new!

I could buy any BMW without driving a mile, did so with my '99 320Ci
and didn't regret it!

I get my BMW's from Laakkonen, Espoo and my man is Jari B.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='224133' date='Jan 14 2006, 06:36 PM
I get my BMW's from Laakkonen, Espoo and my man is Jari B.
Yep, Laakkonen in Espoo is my dealer as well. Very good service indeed. I got treated as if I ordered loaded 760iL. The salesperson even tracked for me a car that was coming for a customer delivery and having exactly the interior trim/color I was considering, because none of their test-drive nor showroom cars had the gray interior. So I got the opportunity to have a peek at the car before they delivered it.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I went on 4 or 5 test drives. All but 1 were at my local dealer, where they just give me the keys and let me take the car by myself. 2 of the drives were with a SMG car--I was seriously considering SMG, but after 2 tests drives of 45 minutes each, I couldn't get comfortable with SMG (flame suit on I understand there's a longer learning curve than that... ).
Old 01-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

[/quote]
Yep, Laakkonen in Espoo is my dealer as well. Very good service indeed. I got treated as if I ordered loaded 760iL. The salesperson even tracked for me a car that was coming for a customer delivery and having exactly the interior trim/color I was considering, because none of their test-drive nor showroom cars had the gray interior. So I got the opportunity to have a peek at the car before they delivered it.
[/quote]

They have good knowlegde in the service as well!

I had my car in for a minor warranty repair (the Defa plug was broken and the lisence
plate was a bit askew, yes, I'm a perfectionist) and for a new CIP (19.2).
Mr. Bergman gave me a 530dA for a test drive, as usually.
He always arranges a test drive for me when my car is served.
I have baught some 4-5 cars from him.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Bought my first BMW (a 330i) in July 2004 after our lease on a Acura RSX-S was up. I needed a four door (2 kids at the time) so I was tired of having to reach behind the seat to get them out. Being 12000 miles over the mileage limit will never to lease again!

Wife got pregnant again in December and decided to get a bigger car in the summer of 2005. We went to the BMW dealer to drive the e60s. The new higher horse power 530s were already out and thats what I thought we'd get until I made the mistake/had the fortune to drive a 545. What a car...I was hooked. That night doing research on the internet, I found out the 550 was coming out soon. It was Sept 8, before we made it back to the dealer to get an update on the 550s. The new baby was due any day now and the doctor said to take my wife somewhere (like the mall) to do some walking. I took her to BMW instead! The dealer said he was taking orders for 550 and I could have the one they were allotted for November. I he'd and hawed but my wife, now fed up for dragging her down, insisted I put in the order now or keep the 330 a year or two longer. I ordered the 550 and my son was born the next morning! 5:50 am!!!!

Took delivery the weekend after Thanksgiving and have been loving it ever since!
How much did you drive the E60 before purchase?-goodbye_330i.jpg

Quick Reply: How much did you drive the E60 before purchase?