Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

How Do I Work Out The 'Balloon' Payment ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys:

While waiting for delivery of my F10, I thought I would compare financing option on bmwusa.com

For the 'BMW Select' option, it is telling me what my monthly payment will be but is not showing me what the 'balloon' payment will be at the end of the finance period. Is there an easy way for me to work this out?

I called BMW finance but they just referred me to my dealer, who I don't want to ask at this stage.

Thanks in advance.

Roger
Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Are you leasing? If so, why would you be interested in the balloon payment if you already have the other financial variables. You are giving the car back to BMW at the end of the contract.

You could probably find an online financial calculator that will show you the balloon payment if you input all the other info.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pukka
Are you leasing? If so, why would you be interested in the balloon payment if you already have the other financial variables. You are giving the car back to BMW at the end of the contract.

You could probably find an online financial calculator that will show you the balloon payment if you input all the other info.

No, not leasing. BMW Select is where you own the car, pay reduced payments for your chosen term and then pay a single 'balloon' payment at the end.

Roger
Old 11-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by rogerdodger
No, not leasing. BMW Select is where you own the car, pay reduced payments for your chosen term and then pay a single 'balloon' payment at the end.

Roger
Ah-so! Then you should definitely get in touch with the dealer on this to get the firm balance.

Although I'm not a fan of leasing - IMO I think its better than what you are considering since you might be stuck with an undesirable balloon payment due to upredictable circumstances(ie - payment ends up higher than future market reslae value, rising interest rates)