Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

GREAT BMW MECHANIC IN PLAINVIEW L.I !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff
Red face

If anyone who live in Long Island, Nassau county, I found a very, very good, bmw mechanic. He is technically inclined, and class certified, on BMW vehicles. He drive an 04/ M3 himself. If you want dealership service at about 20% less, go to him . He has a very large BMW clintel, and is very good to them.

He is on the corner of Oyster Bay Rd., and Old Country Rd. It is the Exxon station, adn his Name is Sunny. If you mention that Chris with the 545i, SMG, sent you he will take very good care of you.

We usually meet up there to hand and BS for a bit Saturday's around 11 or 12.

Try him out, you have nothign to loose, but great service , for about 20% less than the dealer's cost.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Members

My Ride: Fully Loaded Monaco Blue 550i Sport

Originally Posted by SMG353' post='481735' date='Oct 15 2007, 10:27 AM
If anyone who live in Long Island, Nassau county, I found a very, very good, bmw mechanic. He is technically inclined, and class certified, on BMW vehicles. He drive an 04/ M3 himself. If you want dealership service at about 20% less, go to him . He has a very large BMW clintel, and is very good to them.

He is on the corner of Oyster Bay Rd., and Old Country Rd. It is the Exxon station, adn his Name is Sunny. If you mention that Chris with the 545i, SMG, sent you he will take very good care of you.

We usually meet up there to hand and BS for a bit Saturday's around 11 or 12.

Try him out, you have nothign to loose, but great service , for about 20% less than the dealer's cost.

Does he do alignments?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

I use Rudtner's Racing in Freeport Long Island. He services Porches, MB and BMW's. I found Bill the owner to be very reasonable and he definely has a talented staff of Mechanics. If your still under the BMW warranty he'll tell you what needs to be done. I found him to be very trustworthy. He has worked on my wife's out of warranty 03 325xi to my great satisfaction. He has worked on a friend of mine, who also has an 03 325xi, no complaints. I took my 05 525 to him for a between oil change and he told me what needs to be done on the car. I took it back to BMW of Oyster Bay and he was on the money.

I guess the bottom line is if you find someone you trust and their service is good and prices are reasonable, keep them.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff
I deffinitly agree with you. Sunny is the same way. If you have a warrenty, you can bring him the car, he'll take a look at it, and he will tell you exactly what's up with it, and tell you that if you have a warrenty bring it to the dealer adn let them do it under the warenty. Very HONEST, adn very RELIABLE.

And yes, if you do find somone very trust worthy, you deffinitly deal with him.

Hands down all the way. My 545 smg has 58k miles, adn let me tell you , he tell me what to do, to maintain, and alway takes care of my car, as well as all the others with such valuyable cars. His mechanics are TOP NOTCH!!!!!

Very well worth his cost, and like I said at least 20% less than a dealer doing service off of warrenty!!!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

How much discount do you get for placing this ad?

Hehe J/K. If he's truly a good BMW Mechanic and knows the new cars like you say he does thats awesome. I wish someone can tell me who to goto for a second opinion here in So Cal.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='482030' date='Oct 15 2007, 09:23 PM
How much discount do you get for placing this ad?

Hehe J/K. If he's truly a good BMW Mechanic and knows the new cars like you say he does thats awesome. I wish someone can tell me who to goto for a second opinion here in So Cal.
HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!.......yea right, It's just that if you do have a beemer, and the warrenty has expired, you try to save a few $$ here and there to maintain the car that you love. We all know that if you continue to bring it to the dealer, they charge an arm and a leg, and they they do nothign special.....I just feel that a very good / honest mechanic that has the same enthusiasm that we have, is willing to do the right thing. And it is hard to find a good one now - a - days , so I figured I would share...
Old 10-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Hey Chris - How about a phone number for Sunny? All that talking about how great he is, made you forgot to include the most important info...his contact info!

I'm going to call him and see if he can help me with my AFE CAI.