Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Good News .... Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 550 arrived at my local dealer today and I just stopped by to get a look ...

I'm stunned by how great it looks in person, even as it is still un-prepped.

(sorry, I didn't have my camera with me).

Just one (big) problem: no M Aero Kit. :thumbsdown:

So my three-week wait at the SC VPC was for ....?

I just talked to my sales guy and he's going to raise holy hell with BMW NA tomorrow morning. I suggested that they need to comp me the entire M Kit. What do you all think?

One minor observation - the run-flat tires are Bridgestone's.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Contributors

well that suxxxxx, 3 weeks and no kit....best of luck getting the kit for free, we know its an uphill battle fighting bmw na !!!
Old 10-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Contributors

I hope my car bring Bridgestone too. I doubt it..my car is a low end !
Old 10-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Contributors

Turns out my sales guy screwed up on the M Kit order, not BMW NA. Now I have to add the M Kit the old fashioned way ... order parts here and have it installed at the dealer (actually, at their prefered body shop).

They have generously offered to do all this at no extra charge!

I'm gettin' no love on this.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i

So is labor for free? Or both parts and labor?

Either way I think its a good deal.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Contributors

No, nothing is free. :thumbsdown: I already paid $3,285 for the M Kit, and that's what they are going to give me ... an M Kit ... later.

It's going to cost the dealership more this way, since they have to put the labor into it instead of the VPC. The only "free" part is that they aren't going to charge me their labor. Gee, thanks. Very generous of you.

And then I get to go through the hassel of coordinating getting the parts ordered, scheduling time to get the work done, and then I will be without my car for what, one week.

Thanks for nothin'.

Actually, maybe I will get something from this. Now I will own all the original body parts.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

Originally Posted by tachyon' date='Oct 14 2005, 11:01 PM
No, nothing is free.? :thumbsdown:? ? I already paid $3,285 for the M Kit, and that's what they are going to give me ... an M Kit ... later.

It's going to cost the dealership more this way, since they have to put the labor into it instead of the VPC.? The only "free" part is that they aren't going to charge me their labor.? Gee, thanks.? Very generous of you.?

And then I get to go through the hassel of coordinating getting the parts ordered, scheduling time to get the work done, and then I will be without my car for what, one week.

Thanks for nothin'.

Actually, maybe I will get something from this.? Now I will own all the original body parts.?
[snapback]184480[/snapback]
That realy does suck. Those knuckle heads. It is a shame that BMW does not install the darn kit during production. It would be sooo much easier and cheaper for us. It is cool that you will have the original parts. Maybe you can sell them. I posted somewhere what the cost to the dealer is on the parts and labor at the VPC, according to a dealer in Louisiana. It is in the parts and mod section under one of the m kit posts. Your dealer got paid for the installation so they are not out anything. I guess that means it will be a while before I get to see pictures of your m kit
Old 10-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

I feel you pain....that is a huge let down...but $3285???? I know I could live without the M Aero kit if that was the cost. :thumbsdown: I think you should get your money back tell them to keep the kit, and put that $3285 into some 19" or 20" wheels.

If you do go through with the M Aero kit and have the original parts, ask the body shop doing the work what they would give you based on own parts book used for insurance jobs. They will be the best bet for actually needing the parts when a crashed car comes into their shop.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by markt540i' date='Oct 15 2005, 08:50 AM
It is a shame that BMW does not install the darn kit during production. It would be sooo much easier and cheaper for us.
[snapback]184564[/snapback]
They would have done it during producton (or at VPC) if the salesman would have placed the order properly...

tachyon, in my opinion the most sensible demand you can make to the dealership is that they provide you with a BMW loaner while they have your car. Other than that, it seems they are doing what they can to make you whole. You'll end up with the car you ordered at the price you expected to pay. You may end up with extra parts you can sell which is more than you would've gotten if the order was placed properly from the outset...
Old 10-15-2005, 07:31 AM
Contributors

Rudy - You have it right. At least I'm whole from a financial perspective. I'm getting the car just as I ordered it for the price we agreed upon. It's just that after a 3 week VPC delay, and then no M Kit, I was way dissapointed. But all will be forgiven as soon as I drive this beauty ... full report later today.

Quick Reply: Good News .... Bad News