5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Good dealer in Northern Virginia / DC area (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/good-dealer-northern-virginia-dc-area-96327/)

lim 03-31-2010 10:13 AM

Looking for a good BMW dealer in the Northern Virgnia or DC area for service; anyone have any experiences with BMW of Fairfax or BMW of Arlington?

MIK_82 03-31-2010 10:31 AM

I used to go to BMW of Sterling and they were pretty good...

dmahon 03-31-2010 06:11 PM

I've been going to BMW of Arlington and I've always been well taken care of. In fact I just picked up my car today after putting it in for battery discharge issues.

slm6715 04-02-2010 06:03 AM

BMW of Sterling made received one of BMW's awards for being a top dealer in regards to service, sales, and customer satisfaction.

I use BMW of Arlington for service because they are so close, but personally I have not found them helpful or friendly and put them in a category of schemey service dealers. That being said, my car is also out of warranty and I did not purchase my car from them. But seeing as how you have a 2007, they might treat you differently than me since most of your service issues should be covered by warranty.

rkinra 04-27-2010 01:18 PM

I've been going to BMW of Sterling for about 4 years now... I have had only good experiences with them.

crypto 06-11-2011 08:06 AM

I got my car at BMW of Sterling and so far I like them a lot (although it has only been a month). I would strongly suggest steering clear of BMW of Fairfax. I've not heard a single good story out of that place and I've already had two rather disappointing experiences of my own when stopping by there.

jjsigpi 08-28-2012 08:07 AM

Just to update for other members, Autoscandia in the Reston/Herndon area is the best indy shop for BMWs. I'm not sure if the OP is just asking for BMW dealerships or for any shop that works on BMWs but the shop I mentioned has ex-BMW techs there and a few BMW Master Techs as well. The best bang for your buck and the customer service is amazing! All services are easily 30%-50% cheaper than BMW of Fairfax and Sterling.

TheRacerBoss 08-31-2012 08:40 AM

I cant imagine taking my car anywhere but to BMW of FAIRFAX.

I have been to Sterling - They are NO GOOD, they were charging me money to replace my door sills under BMW Warranty (Thieves)
I have been to BMW of Alexandria (was BMW of Arlington) - Nice people do a good job I must say. I like them
I love BMW of FairFax cuz of their good service.

All that being said,
Dealers are dealers they are all Stealers. Take your pick ;)

crewzer 09-04-2012 03:26 AM

Chapman Auto Werks in Sterling (just north of Dulles) is another indy shop option. I believe they're holding an open house on Sept. 15.

Full disclosure: I have no financial interest in CAW, but my son is the shop foreman. He's done much of the service work on our E61.

Regards,
Jim / crewzer