Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

frustrating buying experience at BMW N. california

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.
Cool

Originally Posted by nlaad' date='Oct 30 2005, 04:47 PM
Hi!

I have gone to 3 dealerships this weekend(BMW of fremont, BMW mountain view, BMW stevens creek). I was planning to buy a 525i with cash. But all these BMW dealers are insisting on running my credit report even though I do not need financing from them.

Why are these car dealers so obsessed with credit. One of them even said I HAVE to take credit or they wont sell the car.... Its like extortion. Every single dealership I go to seems to be more interested in selling me financing than the car itself!

Has any of you gone through this? Anyone know any way out. I really dont want to give my credit information to the car dealership. Dealers wanting to run credit and offering financing forcefully seems a bit fishy for me...

Does anyone know what is their motive in trying to run my credit even though I am paying cash? I told them I was even ready to take the delivery of the vehicle after the checks cleared... but they still insist on running my credit.

I have excellent credit but If I am buying with cash, there is no information my credit report will give the dealer about my bank balances...

I would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know if they had any similar experiences and if they know of any dealership in the N. California region who do not push customers to forcefully buy credit.

The funny thing is that the salespeople want to first negotiate on the interest rate and do not even talk a word about the car.

Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
[snapback]191034[/snapback]

I'll take the cash, and you can buy my 545i smg, M sport pack , dinan flywheel, sport package, blk on blk, 13,000 mi, logic 7, hud, nav, sun shades, fully loaded!

More power, better car all around, in the bay area - and I'll take your cash without a credit check - I'll even wash the car for you myself

Old 10-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.

Originally Posted by 545smg' date='Oct 30 2005, 07:09 PM
[quote name='nlaad' date='Oct 30 2005, 04:47 PM']Hi!

I have gone to 3 dealerships this weekend(BMW of fremont, BMW mountain view, BMW stevens creek). I was planning to buy a 525i with cash. But all these BMW dealers are insisting on running my credit report even though I do not need financing from them.

Why are these car dealers so obsessed with credit. One of them even said I HAVE to take credit or they wont sell the car.... Its like extortion. Every single dealership I go to seems to be more interested in selling me financing than the car itself!

Has any of you gone through this? Anyone know any way out. I really dont want to give my credit information to the car dealership. Dealers wanting to run credit and offering financing forcefully seems a bit fishy for me...

Does anyone know what is their motive in trying to run my credit even though I am paying cash? I told them I was even ready to take the delivery of the vehicle after the checks cleared... but they still insist on running my credit.

I have excellent credit but If I am buying with cash, there is no information my credit report will give the dealer about my bank balances...

I would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know if they had any similar experiences and if they know of any dealership in the N. California region who do not push customers to forcefully buy credit.

The funny thing is that the salespeople want to first negotiate on the interest rate and do not even talk a word about the car.

Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
[snapback]191034[/snapback]

I'll take the cash, and you can buy my 545i smg, M sport pack , dinan flywheel, sport package, blk on blk, 13,000 mi, logic 7, hud, nav, sun shades, fully loaded!

More power, better car all around, in the bay area - and I'll take your cash without a credit check - I'll even wash the car for you myself

[snapback]191102[/snapback]
[/quote]

you'll also regret buying the 525 - underpowered, bad resale, underpowered - just drove the x3 2.5, a loaner - what a joke, no power!
Old 10-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

I bought my previous cars with cash too and I never get credit checks or anything like that. It really is weird.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Contributors

nlaad:
I purchased from BMW Irvine, cashiers check - done deal - no problems or questions. I don't live near Irvine, they just had the car I wanted. Called them on the phone, made a deal, rented a car to drive to Irvine, drove my car home - easy. There has to be another dealer willing to take your money, good luck.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Contributors

I am way off topic..but money laundry prevention? ... maybe?
Old 12-01-2005, 05:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: V8 beast!

Why anyone would ever lock up 50k liquid in a depreciating liability is beyond me.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by UPENN545' post='205648' date='Dec 1 2005, 06:45 AM
Why anyone would ever lock up 50k liquid in a depreciating liability is beyond me.
If you do the math, leasing is usually (unless you can write off the payments against your business) the most expensive way to acquire the use of a car, unless you turn over cars every year or 2, or when there's a "close out" lease rate like recently on the 545i. Plus you lose any flexibility with a lease--you're basically stuck with the car for the lease term. Still, leasing is very popular.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

Regardless of how you pay for the car, you're going to wind up eating the depreciation anyway. The only real question is what is the opportunity cost on your capital vs. a loan or lease.

Old 12-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by stream' post='205674
If you do the math, leasing is usually (unless you can write off the payments against your business) the most expensive way to acquire the use of a car, unless you turn over cars every year or 2, or when there's a "close out" lease rate like recently on the 545i. Plus you lose any flexibility with a lease--you're basically stuck with the car for the lease term. Still, leasing is very popular.
[/quote]

You are basically stuck with a car you finance too unless you want to lose a ton of money on the deal.

Leasing is great if you turn cars over every 2 years or so. No hassle of selling or trading in, just drop it off. And if the residuals are good, leasing can be very affordable.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kadonny' post='206068

You are basically stuck with a car you finance too unless you want to lose a ton of money on the deal.

Leasing is great if you turn cars over every 2 years or so. No hassle of selling or trading in, just drop it off. And if the residuals are good, leasing can be very affordable.
[/quote]

I always do 2 years lease...i am alwys afraid that if i keep the car too long they will charge me for wear and tear. (I think that is the term they use)

Quick Reply: frustrating buying experience at BMW N. california