Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Front Lic. Plate Holder

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 07:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car has no front bumper or bumper plugs either.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I think a new bumper is a little extreme since you were asking a dealer for a "favor" and they simply forgot. Things get hairy when you involve the law. If they agreed to plug the holes it'll be just the same so i'd take that option. Most certaintly!
Old 11-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

if that's required by law, i don't think they'll replace the bumper. how about ask your dealer to pay for the plugs that you just ordered ?
Old 11-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jkava' date='Nov 3 2004, 06:52 PM
I ordered bumper plugs from www.bumperplugs.com
These are mostly made for Porsche's but I found a color that matches my Silver Grey very well.? They weren't expensive and it cleans up the front bumper holes nicely.
[snapback]52500[/snapback]
Hi jkava,
I have a Silver Gray as well, was the color that matches it called: Sparkling Silver Metallic?
Thanks
Old 11-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Humm from the looks of it if we put screws thru the bottom of the plate holder is it not strong enough to hold the plate in, instead of having to drill holes onto the bumper itself?

Old 11-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Members

i think they may not replace the bumper.. coz it costs a lot....
just let them to put the cap for free..
Old 11-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Members

I got bumperplugs for my fx35. works nicely. i was fortunate enough to have screws left out of mine when i ordered my bmw.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Originally Posted by jkava' date='Nov 3 2004, 08:52 PM
I ordered bumper plugs from www.bumperplugs.com
These are mostly made for Porsche's but I found a color that matches my Silver Grey very well.? They weren't expensive and it cleans up the front bumper holes nicely.
[snapback]52500[/snapback]
Yep, I have got the same self-tapping screw holes in my bumper also... Front tags aren't required in NC or SC where I purched the auto. These bumper-buttons seem like a great alternative! Thanks for the info!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i SMG, silver grey, grey Dakota leather, dark poplar, 124's, Nav, Logic 7, PDC, CWP, xenon adaptive lights, comfort seats, electric rear sunshade, hardwired V1, Bluetooth, Aux input, Progman 25, poplar wood trim front lower dash and rear cente

Wiu Bimmer,

If you go to the color chart on the bumperplugs website there is a color match link. For our Silver Grey Metallic they recommend Sparkling Silver Metallic. When I ordered mine, they didn't have that option and they recommended Artic Silver Metallic. There is a slight color difference between the Artic Silver and the Silver Grey, but when they are on the bumper they blend pretty well. My guess is they've found an even closer match now with Sparkling Silver so that's what I would order if I were doing it again. Good luck!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jkava' date='Nov 4 2004, 11:25 AM
Wiu Bimmer,

If you go to the color chart on the bumperplugs website there is a color match link.? For our Silver Grey Metallic they recommend Sparkling Silver Metallic.? When I ordered mine, they didn't have that option and they recommended Artic Silver Metallic.? There is a slight color difference between the Artic Silver and the Silver Grey, but when they are on the bumper they blend pretty well.? My guess is they've found an even closer match now with Sparkling Silver so that's what I would order if I were doing it again. Good luck!!!?
[snapback]52656[/snapback]
Thanks a lot jkava, that sure helps, I will order them and let you know how good the color match is.

Quick Reply: Front Lic. Plate Holder