Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Front Lic. Plate Holder

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

I asked my dealer not to put a front plate on my car well when I picked it up there it was I took it off today and there were 2 holes in the middle of my bumper I called and asked for the bumper to be replaced. I think they want to try to patch it, What do think.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

tough one. Doesn't CA require the front plate? They may have been obligated to put it on. If they are not required to add it, then they screwed up and should remedy the situation. For me, I'd push for the new bumper, as long as it truly their fault and they were not obligated by law to add it on. Having dealt w/ a curb rash, replacing the front bumper is about $250 for the primed piece and maybe another $250-$300 (at least here in New Orleans, CA likely higher) to paint and install.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by roost' date='Nov 3 2004, 05:24 PM
I asked my dealer not to put a front plate on my car well when I picked it up there it was I took it off today and there were 2 holes in the middle of my bumper I called and asked for the bumper to be replaced. I think they want to try to patch it, What do think.
[snapback]52495[/snapback]
They did this to mine as well...arghhh. I got two screw caps (blk) and put them over the screws so it is less conspicuous. I may look for another solution. It wouldn't be so bad except that the screw pulls the plastic out to where it protrudes and is then unsightly if you take the frame off. If it was their mistake because they agreed, make them replace it. They learn pretty to listen quickly that way.

I would be willing to bet that they tell you they are obligated to put it on by law though
Old 11-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i SMG, silver grey, grey Dakota leather, dark poplar, 124's, Nav, Logic 7, PDC, CWP, xenon adaptive lights, comfort seats, electric rear sunshade, hardwired V1, Bluetooth, Aux input, Progman 25, poplar wood trim front lower dash and rear cente

I ordered bumper plugs from www.bumperplugs.com
These are mostly made for Porsche's but I found a color that matches my Silver Grey very well. They weren't expensive and it cleans up the front bumper holes nicely.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Don't know if this helps or not, but I live in NY where front plates are required by law, and at my request the dealer left it off.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:24 PM
JDN
Contributors

I would let the dealer repair the holes.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Yikes... thats going to be a tough call... CA does require it and they are required to put them on. I'm going to have to push really hard and make sure they dont on mine... especially when I'm planning to get Clear Bra installed it will not work with holes in the bumper.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by jkava' date='Nov 3 2004, 07:52 PM
I ordered bumper plugs from www.bumperplugs.com
These are mostly made for Porsche's but I found a color that matches my Silver Grey very well.? They weren't expensive and it cleans up the front bumper holes nicely.
[snapback]52500[/snapback]
Thank you so much for giving that website! I just ordered the bumperplugs. Pretty expensive though. Just the plugs for 30 bucks. One quantity comes with 2 plugs right ?
Old 11-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Contributors

In Ca they are required to put on the front plate holder.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Contributors

May be required to, but my dealer in No. Cal. said they stopped doing it altogether, because of all the complaints.

Quick Reply: Front Lic. Plate Holder