Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

First service - now car is dead!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007 | 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Well, after 2 entire years without so much as a hiccup - I took my car to the dealer (Passport BMW) for the first service. Good so far, but they didn't address my squeaking brakes (still bad - possibly worse).

-Steering wheel was sticky
-Seat was completely back - for a large person, and they made no effort to save my seat information or return it to its original position
-I noticed the driver side of the hood wasn't latched properly when I went to get in the car about 30 minutes ago

Oh... and the kicker - it WON'T START. No sound, no cranking of the starter... nothing.

I picked it up Friday evening, and all was well.

The red flashing light on the rearview still blinks, the power door locks work, the interior lights will come on, and if the door is open I see the key image and the chime to notify me that the key is in the ignition. I can also turn on the radio. Does this mean there should be enough power for it to start? Might I still need a jump?
Old 04-30-2007 | 06:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Great success!

I just called the SA, and he suggested I try another key... that the microchip could be bad. Either that or the car might need a jump or new battery.

Anyway, I tried my other key and the car fired right up! I guess the keys aren't ultra robust? I never gave the treatment of my keys much thought, and I know they have hit the ceramic tile in my foyer quite often.