Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Finally pulled the trigger!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Thats a bummer.

I was only over in Madison last week. So too late for the afters. Last Sunday week they were running the Iron man event. Did u win ? There was a black 545i parked on Carroll St (my own name as it happens) and was the only car on that section. I take it it wasn't yours then.

Congtrats on the car. And tying the knot.
Attached Thumbnails Finally pulled the trigger!-dscf0911.jpg  
Old 09-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Contributors

What color is it? I know you are getting black interior..but did not see the exterior color..
Old 09-19-2005, 03:52 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Ok, on the advice of several of you, I've added PDC to the car.

I also decided on Silver Gray. I do really like Titanium Gray also, so I let Val be the tie breaker. Silver Gray it is.

And I even got the production number already!
Old 09-19-2005, 03:54 PM
das
Site Founders

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' date='Sep 19 2005, 04:30 PM
Thats a bummer.

I was only over in Madison last week. So too late for the afters. Last Sunday week they were running the Iron man event. Did u win ? There was a black 545i parked on Carroll St (my own name as it happens) and was the only car on that section. I take it it wasn't yours then.?

Congtrats on the car. And tying the knot.?
Thanks! It's been a fun last 3 or so weeks...

And no, we weren't in town last weekend, and that wasn't my 545i...did you do the Iron Man?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i , ED June 27th, Awaiting Redelivery

Congratulations on the wedding and the new car! Make it a second honeymoon and pick it up through European Delivery, you'll save enough money to pay for the vacation!
Old 09-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Congrats--on your marriage, and the new car!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

You can't go wrong with any shade of gray or silver with the e60. I see those three colors the most around my neighborhood.

Congratulations on tieing the knot.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:48 PM
IHC
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi -- silver grey

Congrats on the order, das!!!

I just placed my order for a 530xi last week--very similar in selection to yours, except I didn't get the premium sound. I don't use CDs at all now that I have an iPod, so I thought I'd just get an aux input installed instead.

Don't know how you feel about the Auburn dakota leather with black anthracite trim, but it really would set your car apart from many others, and it is a rich, beautiful look!!

Congrats also on the marriage--does your wife drive stick??

Mine does... hopefully she won't become addicted to it like I know I will!!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:03 PM
das
Site Founders

Originally Posted by IHC' date='Sep 19 2005, 07:48 PM
Congrats on the order, das!!!

I just placed my order for a 530xi last week--very similar in selection to yours, except I didn't get the premium sound.? I don't use CDs at all now that I have an iPod, so I thought I'd just get an aux input installed instead.

Don't know how you feel about the Auburn dakota leather with black anthracite trim, but it really would set your car apart from many others, and it is a rich, beautiful look!!

Congrats also on the marriage--does your wife drive stick??

Mine does... hopefully she won't become addicted to it like I know I will!!
[snapback]172522[/snapback]
I'm getting aux input too, but since I was ordering this, I figured I might as well get everything I wanted. I've always liked black leather, so I think I will be happy with that choice. I do like the Auburn, though, and have seen a few with that interior.

And yes, she does drive stick, so she'll definitely want to be driving this...
Old 09-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Congratulations das!! You of all people deserve to be an E60 owner since your early enthusiasm of all things E60 helped create this forum! Congratulations again on your marriage too!

Now, to help you with your questions...

First, good call on adding PDC. You'll soon wonder what you ever did without it. No need for heated rear seats if you don't think you'll have passengers back there. Even if you had kids today, it'll be like 7 or 8 years before their butts actually touch the heated surfaces since car seats and boosters aren't included in the heating element (yet?)

Now, if you haven't noticed, I tend to be a wise a$$ once in a while so here goes...

The answers to many of the questions you asked are in the FAQ! (Allow me to help you with a click here link.)

The other questions you ask are answered many times in the forums. You can click here to go to the search page where you can find all sorts of information....

(Sorry, I couldn't resist! )

Are you sure you don't want SMG?

Congrats and good luck my friend!!

Quick Reply: Finally pulled the trigger!