Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Finally....I'm off to Munich to pick up my 545i

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 03:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I ordered the car in early August for an Oct. 8 pickup. My work schedule was such that I had to get a one day screen test done before I could leave for Munich. Well that film test kept being rescheduled and delayed so I had to reschedule my pickup 3 times. The most frustrating thing was that not only was my pickup being delayed week after week, if it were to be delayed one more time I could not have gone AT ALL because of another upcoming work scheduling conflict.

Well we finally got the film test done yesterday and now I am off to Munich to get my 545i. I will try to post pictures ASAP.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:57 AM
Members

The Euro Delivery route is the way to go. I picked up my car on 27 September and had a blast. Good luck.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Oct 27 2004, 05:49 AM
I ordered the car in early August for an Oct. 8 pickup.? My work schedule was such that I had to get a one day screen test done before I could leave for Munich.? Well that film test kept being rescheduled and delayed so I had to reschedule my pickup 3 times.? The most frustrating thing was that not only was my pickup being delayed week after week, if it were to be delayed one more time I could not have gone AT ALL because of another upcoming work scheduling conflict.

Well we finally got the film test done yesterday and now I am off to Munich to get my 545i.? I will try to post pictures ASAP. ? ?
[snapback]49882[/snapback]
Congrats! You're going to love the car and southern Germany. Just got back on Sunday from my ED over the past week and a half and it was AWESOME. I can't imagine purchasing a BMW any other way now...
Old 10-27-2004, 05:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Congrats

I did my second Euro Delievery in July 04. It was awesome! It is the only way to take delievery of a BMW. This time I set the mileage record for my dealership, 2,300 miles in three weeks. Both times after the break in period I got my 5er up to 130 mph on the Autobahn. BMWs are rock solid at that speed.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Senior Members

can't wait to see the pics .
Old 10-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

Congrats on you new car, you will love the SMG. It exceeded my expectations. When you get back make sure you take Dec 5th off so you can come to the Meet in Malibu. I will have my 2005 545i SMG.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Paul K

On Oct 6 in Munich I picked up my 545i - Mystic Blue w/Beige, SMG, HUD, Prem Snd, Cold weather pkge, Heated rear seats with ski bag. Had a blast driving thru the alps in Switzerland & France. Put on 3500 kms and tested top speed on return to Munich - a fantastic car. Handed to Harms on Oct 14. The BMW USA web site says it is still awaiting transportation - does anyone know if they update the information for Euro delivery cars?
Old 10-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

Wow. I am jealous. I want to take ED on my next BMW. Have fun. Warm it up in countries with speed limits, then test it out on the Autobahn just before you come home. Think of Autobahn driving as a sport: be alert and organized about it, pay rapt attention, be safe but aggressive, and you'll have fun. Good luck!
Old 10-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Paul K' date='Oct 27 2004, 02:30 PM
On Oct 6 in Munich I picked up my 545i - Mystic Blue w/Beige, SMG, HUD, Prem Snd, Cold weather pkge, Heated rear seats with ski bag.? Had a blast driving thru the alps in Switzerland & France.? Put on 3500 kms and tested top speed on return to Munich - a fantastic car.? Handed to Harms on Oct 14.? The BMW USA web site says it is still awaiting transportation - does anyone know if they update the information for Euro delivery cars?
[snapback]50039[/snapback]
Good looking Car Spec.

I hope to do a ED sometime in the future.

Congrats rodybmw.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Senior Members

i think the more i read this forum, the more i want to do ed . probably for the ones who want to do it, we can make it like a meet & greet thing and we all do it at the same time. i think it'll be very cool .

Quick Reply: Finally....I'm off to Munich to pick up my 545i