Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Filing Formal Complaints To BMWNA/BMWCANADA

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

I was wondering if anyone had previously filed a formal complaint against a BMW dealership to BMW North America (or BMWUSA/BMW Canada)..

If so, what was the overall result/effectiveness of your submission?

I ask, because I'd like to gauge my expectations accordingly. Will anything change? or is the "threat" of such simply to be "considered" leverage against ill-mannered SA's and their indifferent Managers..

BMW, you make great cars, but some of these uncommitted dealerships are making me consider shouting abstain from the mountaintops. We are all aware of the potential influence of social media these days...

Thank you,

Note: I will be "cross-posting" this in the Dealer and General subsections of this site (at some point in time.) If such is out of line, please delete my submissions accordingly.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
I was wondering if anyone had previously filed a formal complaint against a BMW dealership to BMW North America (or BMWUSA/BMW Canada)..
If so, what was the overall result/effectiveness of your submission?
I ask, because I'd like to gauge my expectations accordingly. Will anything change? or is the "threat" of such simply to be "considered" leverage against ill-mannered SA's and their indifferent Managers..
BMW, you make great cars, but some of these uncommitted dealerships are making me consider shouting abstain from the mountaintops. We are all aware of the potential influence of social media these days...
Thank you,
Note: I will be "cross-posting" this in the Dealer and General subsections of this site (at some point in time.) If such is out of line, please delete my submissions accordingly.
I think "general rants" won't work - nor will threats to take your business elsewhere . In my experience, specific situations outlined with clear objective presentation of issues (including dates, names, etc) work best. I've also found that written documentation that accompanies the "issue" or "complaint" also helps as does a statement of the expected outcome or resolution - being reasonable - works too.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I have a friend who made a complain to BMWNA for an unresolve problem on his car. They are quick to act on it. A few days after his complain, he got a call from the GM of the Dealer that worked on his car. They scheduled an appointment to pick up his car and give him a loaner. His car was sent to a wind tunnel facility to replicate the whistling sound at 80nph and higher. Prior to this he has gone to the Dealer twice about the whistling noise. Dealer claims they can't replicate the problem since it is illegal to drive it on the road over 65mph. Anyway, it was resolved, I suggest to just be diplomatic about your approach and stay objective about your complain.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 PM
New Members

Default Bad BMW Service Of Mobile, Alabama!

I went to Mobile, Alabama but needed my oil changed. I called the BMW dealership, of Mobile Alabama on Government St., to purchase the filter and rubber seal. The salesman asked me for the last 7 digits of my VIN for the filter and gave me the price. WELL, when I get to the dealership to pick-up the filter, the salesman sees me coming, runs to the back, (which I thought was odd) but I proceeded to the counter. To make a long story short, the salesman called another person to service me and gave me the wrong filter, wrong rubber seal! I was stranded with no car, I had to get a good samaritan to take me to "O'Reilly's Auto Parts" to purchase some crap, just to get back running. I gave the parts to my cousin to take back, since this was over the weekend. Monday, the dealership made my cousin come back 24 hrs. later to pick up a check for $28 dollars, I feel just to inconvenience him. Is this the type service I need to expect because I drive this car? Or is this the way BMW of Mobile treats all black men driving this car? Please help me understand where I stand with this car company.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:49 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 Dinan 545i, Titanium Metallic Silver, 2007 Dinan M5, 6sp, Silver Gray Metallic

I had an issue with customer service at my local dealership; for some reason everyone staff member seemed to be more important than their customers. I spoke with the GM three times about this; and even returned a few items that I purchased due to bad customer service. He simply took the items back, gave me a refund and could have cared less about making things right.

I wrote a nice long email to BMWNA explaining my issues; I CCed the GM and the owner of the dealership and sent certified letters to make sure they received my complaint. I received an immediate response from BMWNA and from the GM. I can tell you that things have changed since that email/letter was sent. I was also provided with a very nice gift certificate from the dealership.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW X5,diesel
Default Formal complain

I filed a formal complain with BMW Canada and the BMW Car dealership and received practically no reply. I sent many e-mails to the headquarters of BMW Canada in vein.
BMW Canada have not responded to my 37 e-mails describing in great details the problem with my anti glare screen problem which should have been fixed under the 4 year warranty.
I had no choice but to file a claim against BMW Canada and the BMW car dealership in Small Court in Vancouver,BC.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:44 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW X5 3.0L
Default BMW Lawsuit

Originally Posted by Roman Portnoy
I filed a formal complain with BMW Canada and the BMW Car dealership and received practically no reply. I sent many e-mails to the headquarters of BMW Canada in vein.
BMW Canada have not responded to my 37 e-mails describing in great details the problem with my anti glare screen problem which should have been fixed under the 4 year warranty.
I had no choice but to file a claim against BMW Canada and the BMW car dealership in Small Court in Vancouver,BC.

Hi there
Did you get any result of the Lawsuit that you files aaginst BMW canada? I am planning to file a lawsuit too. My car driver seat caught fire yesterday
Old 12-27-2016, 06:53 AM

My Ride: BMW X1 fully loaded
Default BMW Complaint email addres

What address would one file a complaint? I would prefer email.

Thank you
Old 06-17-2017, 11:57 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 650i convertible

Here is a copy of a email I sent to BMW headquarters just (06/16/17) yesterday

I am writing about a terrible experience I had at BMW service center in Freeport New York. I took my vehicle in for service (oil change and a flush) on 06/14/2017. The service provider (Kevin Cunningham) was very unprofessional. It was 7am and he said that the techs don't start until 7:30 so like others I got coffee and watched the big TV set. The clock then read 8:30 and so I decided to go find my service provider and after locating him he said to give him a minute he will go in the back and speak to the tech. He then approaches me and states I will need a new radiator hose and battery I agreed to the hose but declined on the battery he then adds that the job would take 2 hours so I decided to go for lunch at a local diner to kill time however he then calls me 30 min later and says that the part needed is not in stock and that the earliest he would receive it is by 5pm that was 9 hours later and went on to say that because of this the vehicle wouldn't be ready till the next (06/15/17) day. Now I started to panicked only because I had to be @ work by noon and he knew this so he said that he would work on getting me a loaner and to give him 2 hours and that by 10am he would give me a call. So I sat at this diner and 10am arrived but no call and so by 10:45 I decided to call him but I was told he wasn't at his desk I called 4 times and got the same response from the receptionist and so I decided to head there. When I got there he was at his desk and on the phone so I patiently waited and once he was done I asked what happened to the 10am call? He then jumps out of his seat and ask another lady about getting me a loaner and she said she'll see what she can do and yes she did get me that loaner. So now Mr Cunningham tells me that he will call me the next morning by 10am and that the car would be ready by then. So the next morning I head to work in my 3 series loaner and once again 10am comes and goes no call. I decided to wait a little longer because I couldn't pick the car up until 3pm anyway since I had to stay at work till 2pm. But at 11:48am I received an email from BMW stating that my car was ready for pick up. So I called mr Cunningham to verify this and he said yes car is ready I then asked him what the total cost would be he then replied that in 2 min he would send me a text of the final cost for all repairs. Well 15 minutes went and no text so I called and once again was told that he's not at his desk so I ask the receptionist to please look up the cost because I had to move funds from my savings to checking and that she did and I thanked her. So I got there a few minutes before 3pm and car was ready I paid for it shook mr Cunningham hand and drove off however I didn't make it far. After about a mile a message read "engine extremely hot drive slowly to your nearest dealership" maybe not in those exact words but the car was on the verge of overheating. So I pulled the car over and once again called BMW and this time mr Cunningham answered the phone after telling him what the car was doing he said that "this is weird we tested it and it was fine". He then tells me to schedule another appointment and transferred me to the receptionist. Now being that I will need a loaner I was told (by the receptionist) that earliest the next loaner is available is July 3rd which is more than two weeks away. So I paid $652.84 of my hard earned money and my car is in worst state then it was when I drove in. So now keep in mind I'm still pulled over to the side of this road. So I called AAA and had the vehicle towed to my home where it sits today. I took the very next day off but for the following weeks I will be using mass transit to get to work (no car) and back. I don't believe I was treated fairly I believe that since my car broke down within minutes of leaving the service center I should have been able to take it back right then and there and be given back the loaner that I just returned. Mr Cunningham was unprofessional extremely laid back and is possibly working the wrong field.