Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Exterior Colors

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Buying soon: 530i w/not sure yet... Previously owned: 2001 - 325i 1985 - 525e 1984 - 528i

I'm planning on purchasing a new 06' E60 in the next few months, and i'm looking at exterior colors. I like the Olivin Green Metallic, does anyone have any pictures to share so I can get a better feel for that color.

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Contributors

Try this: http://www.e60.net/information/options/ext...r/olivin_green/
Old 11-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Members

That car would look so much better with some nice wheels on it.

I would love to see the color in person.

But good choice. Heck, all colors are good choices, I am leaning towards the Sapphire myself.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I'd suggest seeing it in person. It's an unusual color (IMHO)--I saw it at the dealer once, and it wasn't my cup of tea.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Guapo2001' post='198098' date='Nov 14 2005, 12:29 PM
I'm planning on purchasing a new 06' E60 in the next few months, and i'm looking at exterior colors. I like the Olivin Green Metallic, does anyone have any pictures to share so I can get a better feel for that color.

Thanks.
Hi and welcome Guapo2001.

I live in the UK and have only ever seen one E60 in the colour you like. If you look at BMW's official used car website you don't see too many in that colour if any (which is a bad sign). I'm not saying its a horrible colour, I'm just saying its not a popular colour plus I don't know how you plan to purchase your car. So if ou lease/or get a company car then fine get the colour but IMHO if you're buying your car with your hard earned money I'd give it a skip and go for the more popular blues, greys, silver and black. In your country (don't know where you come from) it may be different but in the UK I bet you could knock a grand or 2 off the trade in price from getting the wrong colour. UK used prices are already falling fast.

PS which bit is green????

If you're a millionaire or have just won the lottery please tell me to F off.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

I ordered a green one, but the dark green - and thedealer told me to lease if I was buying an unpopular color - aka - greens - because of resale - I could not find a dark green one to even look at - every car was some version of blk/blk - blk/grey - grey/blk - etc - you get the point
On the other hand I think a rare color makes you car stand out eithout having to do any mods
If you like the light green - get it - but try to find one to look at first
Old 11-14-2005, 01:36 PM
EGL
Members

Here's a picture of my olivine.
Attached Thumbnails Exterior Colors-bmw1024.jpg  
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: various
Model Year: F10 2015 M Sport 530d

I remember one person saying his dealer was offering a hige discount on a show room one, as the colour isn't popular. If you can find a dealership with one in, you could probably get a big discount too.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by EGL' post='198252' date='Nov 14 2005, 05:36 PM
Hi EGL,

The colour seems to suit the E61 better, don't ask me why. Either I'm colour blind or going mad but I can't see one bit of green in your colour! It looks more bronze/beige to me.

Would you agree?

I used to have Titanium Grey I, now that sucker was green in dull light and I mean green. Everybody I knew used to say hows the green car I parked outside of a building once and a lady asked me if I owned a green BMW and asked me to move it
Old 11-14-2005, 04:43 PM
EGL
Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='198277
Hi EGL,

The colour seems to suit the E61 better, don't ask me why. Either I'm colour blind or going mad but I can't see one bit of green in your colour! It looks more bronze/beige to me.

Would you agree?

[/quote]

Hi Merv

Of course, I'm partial to the E61, but it may be the shadowline trim. I never thought of that, but some poster on another site felt that the shadowline looked better with the olivine than the chrome. I guess that could affect how it looks even more that the model type.

Screen colors can be deceptive, but I would call olivine a greenish-gray. At least that's how it looks to my eyes most of the time. There are times when it does have a definite goldish-green look, almost like a chartreuse. Most people do call it a goldish color and pair it with beige interior (if they don't choose black). I didn't want beige, but I wanted a light airy interior, so I chose grey. I think that beige may actually be better when you look at exterior and interior at the same time, so it probably is more gold/bronze than gray. It still has a green tinge to it, though.

Quick Reply: Exterior Colors