Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Extended Warranty for 535

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black Nasca Leather w/ Ventilated Seats, Anthracite Headliner, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Sport Auto Transmission w/ Shift Paddles, PDC, Rear Side Airbag, Automatic Sunshades, Heads Up Display, Sat, HD Radio, Navigation, Logic 7

Just wondering if anybody has a good source for purchasing the extended 100K warranty and 100K maintenance warranty. My dealer wants $5,050 for both and I think that it is on the high side.

I just orderd a 08 535 with pretty much every option on it, including veltilated seats and the anthracite headliner.

Any help or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Also, anybody interested in buying a 2002 530 Sport? Let me know and we can taslk further.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi, Platinum Grey, Black Dakota leather, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite headliner, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Nav, HUD, PDC, Night Vision, Logic7, iPod / USB, HD Radio, Sunshades, Heated Rear seats, and Folding Rear Seats.

Originally Posted by Dalton550' post='494881' date='Nov 15 2007, 02:41 PM
Just wondering if anybody has a good source for purchasing the extended 100K warranty and 100K maintenance warranty. My dealer wants $5,050 for both and I think that it is on the high side.

I just orderd a 08 535 with pretty much every option on it, including veltilated seats and the anthracite headliner.

Any help or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Also, anybody interested in buying a 2002 530 Sport? Let me know and we can taslk further.
It all depends on how many miles and how long you plan to keep the car. Given the fact you have all the bells and whistles it's good to know you only have to worry about tires and alignments for 6 years or 100k miles if you purchase them both. With the maintenance plan you are pre-paying in today's dollars. I highly doubt BMW will lower maintenance costs in the future. With the warranty you are just buying some insurance in case one of those ventilated seats dies at 90k miles. Given all the gizmo's I personally would pay for the extended warranty if I plan on keeping the car for 6+ years.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black Nasca Leather w/ Ventilated Seats, Anthracite Headliner, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Sport Auto Transmission w/ Shift Paddles, PDC, Rear Side Airbag, Automatic Sunshades, Heads Up Display, Sat, HD Radio, Navigation, Logic 7

Originally Posted by seventhirteen' post='495041' date='Nov 15 2007, 10:29 PM
It all depends on how many miles and how long you plan to keep the car. Given the fact you have all the bells and whistles it's good to know you only have to worry about tires and alignments for 6 years or 100k miles if you purchase them both. With the maintenance plan you are pre-paying in today's dollars. I highly doubt BMW will lower maintenance costs in the future. With the warranty you are just buying some insurance in case one of those ventilated seats dies at 90k miles. Given all the gizmo's I personally would pay for the extended warranty if I plan on keeping the car for 6+ years.
I definitley am planning on keeping the car past 6 years and it is all the technology in the car that scares me. I probably will not buy the exteneded warranty today but just am wonrdering about if I can do better that the $5K my dealer wants for all the maintenance and warranty up to 100K. Do you know of any other dealer who would discount this or should I just start shopping it among dealers?
Old 11-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi, Platinum Grey, Black Dakota leather, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite headliner, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Nav, HUD, PDC, Night Vision, Logic7, iPod / USB, HD Radio, Sunshades, Heated Rear seats, and Folding Rear Seats.

Originally Posted by Dalton550' post='495044' date='Nov 15 2007, 08:38 PM
I definitley am planning on keeping the car past 6 years and it is all the technology in the car that scares me. I probably will not buy the exteneded warranty today but just am wonrdering about if I can do better that the $5K my dealer wants for all the maintenance and warranty up to 100K. Do you know of any other dealer who would discount this or should I just start shopping it among dealers?
There is some dealer markup on the extended maintenance and warranty. Never hurts to shop around if you have a few dealers in your area.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Members

I got both in SC for $4000. I think the breakdown was 1700 for the maintenance (BMW) and 2300 for the warranty (dealer). The warranty was an exclusive vice inclusive warranty (highly recommended) and covers everything but wear and tear items. I ended up negotiating about $700 off what they asked.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Members

If you have a credit union around you check with them. I got a great deal on an extended warranty about half the price the dealers offer.

They'll want to finance the car most of the time as well, but they have pretty good rates on average too.

Good luck!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

I think you have until the end of the new car warranty to decide on purchasing the extended warranty and maintenance program. A salesman once told me that. If you wait you can save your money for a few years. However, the price of the programs might increase. Check with your salesman.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BrianTx5' post='495897' date='Nov 18 2007, 07:35 AM
I think you have until the end of the new car warranty to decide on purchasing the extended warranty and maintenance program. A salesman once told me that. If you wait you can save your money for a few years. However, the price of the programs might increase. Check with your salesman.
With any car I have ever bought, I have done as above ie. wait to just before the end of the regular warranty to decide. Often I have not kept a car beyond the regular warranty period, and it is hard to get ppl to actaully pay extra for the extendeds. Yes, the price can increase, but that's a chance I am willing to take; rather than putting out a lot of extra dollars up front. That's what I will be doing later this month when my 535xi gets here.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

Try www.twinkidneygrill.com and type in FEST in the coupon code.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Jet Blk, Blk Int, SMG, Sport, Nav, Prem, CW Pack, L7, PDC

Does anyone know if the extended warranty through twinkidneygrill.com cover just the parts or parts and labor?

TIA! Happy Thanksgiving!

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty for 535