Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Expired Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the dealer last week to go in for my service i currently have 48000 miles so im still covered under the factory warranty. I was told by another service advisor that i would be contacted by someone to extend my warranty before the end of the year since they told me i have till december 31st of free warranty. anyway when i went in for service my service advisor tells me that my warranty was up september 8th and that he cants fix these things under warranty. I made my appointment around auguest 8th assuming i had plenty of months worth of coverage and then wheni come in i get rejected. After speaking to my service advisor he agreed to fix my window regulator and steering wheel trim as i requested those be fixed a few months in advanced but htey were out of stock. now the squeaky breaks and other things i wanted to fix are out of my pocket to fix. Is there anything i can do it am i stuck paying for the other stuff?
thanks,
john
Old 09-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can try and ask for goodwill gesture
Old 10-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Here's what I would do. I don't know if this only relates to Massachusetts or to the whole country, but every time you car goes in for service during the warranty period, your original warranty gets extended by however many days your car was in their shop, so if your car was in their shop for 30 days during your 4 year warranty period, now your warranty should be good for another 30 days on top of the original 4 years. Check the laws in your state and then go over your past invoices and if you qualify you should run to the dealer armed with that info and have them honor it. You can also talk to the service manager about a goodwill repair since your car is so fresh out of warranty and if that doesn't work, you should contact BMW NA and see if they can help. If you are a BMW CCA member, you could also call the ombudsman who will try and negotiate with your dealer on your behalf. Good Luck.