Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Expected Arrival

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Black Anthracite. Sport Pkg, HUD, NAV, 20-way Comfort Seats, Prem Snd Pkg Logic7, Htd Rear Seats, Rear side impact, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seat/Ski bag, Soon 2B chromed rims. Picked up in Munich, Drove it to Prague, Vienna, Salburg & Bremerhaven. Put on 1300 miles. Enjoyed driving it 140mph on Autobahn (4,400 rpm).

Hey PaulK, Our Babies are on the Vessel "Grus" together with the expected arrival 11/27. I have something for you to consider. Since we did Euro Delivery, a friend told me we could snatch the car after customs and bypass VPC, obviously providing there is no damage to the vehicle. That would shave a few days off the long awaited reunion. The cars are being shipped in our names, so I think it would work.

SveaRike
Old 11-20-2004, 06:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Nov 18 2004, 02:43 PM
Congrats!! welcome aboard (pun intended ) and you'd be glad to know that as of today, Pegasus Diamond is scheduled to unload in Port Hueneme on 11/21 (SUnday) :'(? unfortunately

cheers,

beewang
[snapback]57817[/snapback]
Your are welcome.!
I never play around you!!! Hope everything is fine for unloading.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by SveaRike' date='Nov 18 2004, 10:54 PM
Hey PaulK, Our Babies are on the Vessel "Grus" together with the expected arrival 11/27.? I have something for you to consider. Since we did Euro Delivery, a friend told me we could snatch the car after customs and bypass VPC, obviously providing there is no damage to the vehicle.? That would shave a few days off the long awaited reunion.? ? The cars are being shipped in our names, so I think it would work.

SveaRike
[snapback]57970[/snapback]
Maybe, but I wouldn't if I were you. They check the car thoroughtly at VPC, upgrade the software, perform retrofits and fix stuff. I nicked my RF wheel badly in Florence. I was prepared to live with it, but my car was delayed an extra two days at VPC because they thought it was damaged in shipping. I got a new tire and wheel. Then my dealer fixed a windscreen noise and detailed the car prior to re-delivery. Is the 4 days you save really worth it?.
P.S. Mine was on the Grus the last time it was here.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Members

Seems like there's bad news for those of us waiting on our cars from Oxnard/Port Hueneme, particularly the Fuji delivery on 11/15-11/16.

My dealer told me earler in the week that my car would arrive at the dealer (in San Diego) today (11/20). He called yesterday and said there are 3000 cars waiting to get through the VPC, and he now has no date for when mine will be on a truck to San Diego. He "expects" that maybe it'll arrive T or W this coming week, but that it in fact could get delayed until after Thanksgiving!

Anybody else hearing anything about this?

Waiting...waiting...waiting....
Old 11-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Members

I would be reluctant to try to "snatch" my car before VPC (they are the folks who give you the US NAV DVD). My dealer did tell me they have the ability to get priority (read rush) treatment but don't like to do that too often. I also have said I don't want the dealer doing anything to the car - I will take it back when I have the time to get the Bluetooth functioning and an Auxilliary Input for my iPod. Last year they waxed my son's 330ci on top of all the European bugs, grit and grime. All it seemed the VPC did on the 330ci was throw the NAV CD in the trunk. As the car was running great in Europe I am reluctant to fix what ain't broke by getting a software update unless I need to for my enhancements.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Senior Members

What ship do you thia car is on that chaged status to on rout on the 18 of november?
Old 11-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Members

Liberty left Bremerhaven 11/3, Jingu Maru 11/4, Don Quijote 11/11, and Patriot 11/14. Those are all bound for South Carolina. I think your car goes to this VPC but I'm not certain. If it is going to Charleston, it could be on one of these ships from Wallenius Wilhelmsen.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Senior Members

i FOUND OUT IT IS ON THE Emden on the 16TH
Old 11-23-2004, 04:23 PM
Members

tdoz... Has your car arrived yet? I'm in Colorado Springs and my car was on the same ship. Ironically, I my color scheme is Orient Blue with tan interior. Still waiting.... Hopefully this week. If not, I won't see it for another year (Iraq).
Old 11-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I'm assuming Wallenius Wilhelmsen doesnt ship west bound cars anymore right? Like to California... my cars been done since the 11th but I still cant find it on the WW site with my VIN and Owners Lounge still says its awaiting transportation... Dealer doenst have much info...

Quick Reply: Expected Arrival