Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Example of superb Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades
Thumbs down

We hear about complaints of dealers and SA's not doing their jobs. Here's my experience with my dealer (BMW of Orland Park) which should provide an example of how a dealer can and will go above and beyond the call of Customer Service. I am truly impressed by the dealer's and BMW NA's response to my issue.

Last month my car was in for about a month to fix the popping sound coming from the speakers when switching from Radio to CD. Since the local techinician couldn't determine the root cause of the issue, it was refered to BMW NA. A couple of BMW NA engineers took a look and even with replacing the CCC a few times still couldn't resolve the problem. The issue was then escalated to BMW Germany, where a few engineers from over the pond got involved. After numerous conversations and e-mails (according to the lead technician assigned to the car - at least 20 e-mails and series of data collection), they finally figured out the root cause - it was an incompatible CCC. Apparently there are different series of CCC (designated by their part number), and the ones they kept trying and failing was incompatible with my car. They were not able to figure this out since there were very few cars in North America with my configuration. Apparently most cars with similar equipment, also have Logic 7, which I don't.

All this took about a month and I was driving a 2006 530xi as a loaner. Not a bad deal, but still not my car.

When I finally picked up my car, they had not only fixed the problem, they also changed the wiper blades (without me asking), did an oil change (I only had about 8000 miles), and changed my wheels - all without any charge. They offered me (again without even me saying or asking for anything) a one month car payment in cash as an "apology" for my inconvenience. At this point I was happy they fixed the car and that they offered to pay my one month payment.

They finally got the approval for the payment from BMW NA a few days ago, and guess what??!!! They are paying me TWO months car payment. Now that's what I call Customer Service!!!

Are you guys sufficiently impressed as I am??
Old 06-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

Wow! Nice!
Not exactly my dealer experience today! Arghh!
Old 06-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wow can I forward this to my dealer that way they know whats "customer service" I think I need to forward it to my LEXUS dealer rather than BMW. I believe I've gotten better service at my BMW dealer for the past 3 years than my one time experience with Lexus... None were as worse as the Lexus experience...
Old 06-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

These good stories need to be told and the dealers/individuals recognized as they do add to our total ownership experience. It really has been awhile since I have had bad experience even at GM, let alone BMW. Thanks for sharing and I hope your dealer knows and appreciates u putting out the word.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus service is nice, but never solve the problem. BMW is OK to worse, sometimes, but they solve problem 99% of the time. BMW keeps updating software fix while Lexus is rare.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

WOW.. thats what I call the ultimate dealership
Old 06-24-2006, 03:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='302359' date='Jun 23 2006, 11:27 PM
These good stories need to be told and the dealers/individuals recognized as they do add to our total ownership experience. It really has been awhile since I have had bad experience even at GM, let alone BMW. Thanks for sharing and I hope your dealer knows and appreciates u putting out the word.
Yes, and I fully intend to write to the General Manager at the dealership, and BMW NA, commending them on their service.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

good to hear such a nice story...but you could have askd for them to fix the problem buy adding logic7...that would have been even more fuun,ehehhe....
its good you have such excelent service..
Old 06-24-2006, 05:25 AM
Contributors

Nice to hear the good stories. The dealership I go to was just named the #1 BMW dealership in the US based on customer satisfaction. Needless the say, my experience has been great.