Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 05:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This site is excellent.

I'm finally picking up my car in Munich on Monday - I waited for Oktoberfest!

Any advice from other Euro Delivery Participants would be appreciated. I plan to see Bavaria and then drive to Paris.

Has anyone done the drop off in Paris?
Old 09-25-2004, 05:37 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i Mystic Blue, European Delivery, Steptronic, Prem Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Nav, Heads Up, Active Cruise, Rear Sunshade, Rear Side Airbags, Rear Seat Heating, Park Distance Control, Xenon, CPT9000 GSM phone, red rear reflectors, Sirius!!!!

Have you pre-ordered a European NAV disk from Navtech? The cost in Munich at the delivery center is double the cost in the U.S. If you haven't, I could send you mine, but I see that you're leaving this weekend.

I have done the drop off at Paris airport. Call at least 2-3 days before drop off because they do not always man the office. The drop off location is a bit strange. You enter the airport, make a right turn and see the signs for the drop-off company (I've forgotten its name) on the right, but there are only a couple of trailers in a parking lot.

Take your European emergency triangle, NAV disk, first aid kit, and front licence plate off when you leave or they'll remove at the NJ prep center.

Where are you driving? We went from Munich through the Swiss alps (great driving - I felt like I was in a Bond film!), back through Germany along the Rhine, and over to Paris. After dropping off in Paris, we took the Channel tunnel to London.

Have a great trip! Let me know if you have any questions (if you get this before you leave).
Old 09-25-2004, 06:08 AM
Members

Wow. Thanks for all the info. I have the NAV disk. I'm arriving Monday at noon, spending the night in Munich, and then picking up some friends in Zurich. Then back to Munich for a couple of days of Oktoberfest and the bavarian alps. I'm not sure what route to take to Paris but I was thinking about driving through Burgundy to see some vineyards.

How long did it take to get your car once you dropped it in Paris?
Old 09-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i Mystic Blue, European Delivery, Steptronic, Prem Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Nav, Heads Up, Active Cruise, Rear Sunshade, Rear Side Airbags, Rear Seat Heating, Park Distance Control, Xenon, CPT9000 GSM phone, red rear reflectors, Sirius!!!!

I think the route through Burgundy would by great. I was in the middle of Germany visiting friends so took a less scenic route to Paris, but much quicker. In the Bavarian alps I recommend the castle Neuschwanstein - really amazing.

It took 5 weeks to get my car from drop off. The BMW tracking service in the Owners' Circle was not accurate with the progress once the car was shipped. Best way to track transit is via the shippnig company's website. It will tell you when it is put on a ship (I think in Belgium or Netherlands) and when it arrives in New York/Newark. From there it was about a week to my dealership.

The shipping company's tracking site is: http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customerCentre/
From that page, enter cargo tracking and then you can enter your VIN#.

If you are staying in Paris, I recommend you drop your car off as soon as you arrive rather than use you BMW to get around (about as practical as driving in NYC) or better than parking...especially on the Paris streets, where you could get your car dinged up. When you drop of your car, you can take a train directly into the center of Paris.

If I can help with any other advice, let me know.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, ZC ED545!

If you are driving towards Paris on the weekend of October 9/10, you could meet with a couple of us in the Frankfurt area!

Check this thread for details!
Attached Images  
Old 09-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Hurry up and get 1200 miles on it. Then open it on the autobahn. On my last two trips I got up to 130 mph before my wife yelled at me. The 545 at 130 mph feels rock solid like it is only going 65 mph. What a great car!
Old 09-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I just drove mine 150mph today on the Autobahn, together with two MB's - we had a real blast! Awsome car!
Old 09-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard ! don't forget to post some pics later .
Old 09-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

Iceman: You know one of these days, I'm going to follow you. I just got another damn ticket yesterday for speeding. No fine involved with this one but points put on my license.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cwoarmy' date='Sep 27 2004, 10:06 PM
Iceman:? You know one of these days, I'm going to follow you.? I just got another damn ticket yesterday for speeding.? No fine involved with this one but points put on my license.
[snapback]38817[/snapback]
sorry to hear that :'(. no fine involved? you probably didn't go too much over the limit, right?

Quick Reply: European Delivery