Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

ED Price Negotiations

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i, Ordered 3/04/06, Build date : 13th week - Silver Gray Metallic, Gray Leather, Cold WX, Prem. Sound, Sport Pkg., Steptronic, Active steering, Comfort Access, Rear Shades, Nav, HD Radio, Sat Radio // Euro Pickup May 9th, 2007

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]Can anyone here clue me in to whether or not prices for the E60 with Euro delivery can be negotiated at the dealer level prior to the Ero discount? If so, how much is the dealer here in the states getting out of the deal? I live in Tucson, Arizona and we have only one BMW dealer here. I've also been told by this dealership that if I buy from someone else they will not provide a free loaner to me when I have mine in for service. Sounds like a little blackmail to me. I bought my 2000 328i from this dealer and have been very happy with the car and the service I have received. I just want to know what is reasonable as far as expectations. Thanks!
Old 08-12-2004, 09:28 AM
Senior Members

you don't get a free loaner??

daymn.. that doesn't sound like blackmail..that is straight blackmail...
Old 08-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Hey Speed!

Euro-Delivery prices are definitively negotiable, as I have done so.

You should be able to find invoice prices in this board, and tell the dealer how much profit you're willing to give them, i.e. $1,000-$2,000 is the average though I've heard lower and higher amount.

Number of dealers around also comes in play. Less competition on the dealer's part tends to give you less barganing power.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Members

It may be blackmail to say that however the dealer is being honest and upfront. Most dealers will not give you a BMW loaner when you come in for service, but most will give you an Enterprise or Avis loaner. BMW pays for it it is just that it is not a BMW.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Senior Members

We have two dealers here in Cincinnati and both told me no negotiation on ED price. They have been terrific on service though - and loaners.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GotBMW' date='Aug 12 2004, 11:34 AM
It may be blackmail to say that however the dealer is being honest and upfront. Most dealers will not give you a BMW loaner when you come in for service, but most will give you an Enterprise or Avis loaner. BMW pays for it it is just that it is not a BMW.
Serious?? i guess it's cuz there's less competition down there.. I took my 3er even after it was out of warranty and my dealer loaned me a 525i to drive for like 2 weeks while they worked on my car.. and another 2 weeks cuz the lot attendant backed it up into a lamp post.......

in any case.. even if you get the car at invoice. the dealer still gets paid... meaning if it's $0 over invoice.. there's still profit for them..... may be a moot point.. but good to know in case you hit a wall in negotiations.. start asking for parts and accessories .... they may be more willing to give up those cuz they do allocate a certain amount to facilitate in closing sales.....

I got a M3 GTR model 1:32 scale when my mom got her X5 just by asking =) :winkcool:
Good Luck!!
Old 08-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

I got hooked up with a dealer who would offer a fair price through eurobuyers.com for ED. It means that you would need to go out of town to pick up your car on redelivery.

It does sound like blackmail on their comments about the loaner, but you they are required to provide service to you regardless of where/whom you bought it from. (even if not for the loaner).

You can however also provide your own opinion of their service treatment when you are asked by BMWNA to give your feedback of that dealer which is one way that you have to respond to your local dealer's games.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Members

I would always be very very very careful on what you say for those ratings. The dealer does see the exact comments made along with who said them. Very an FYI
Old 08-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Ordered 3/04/06, Build date : 13th week - Silver Gray Metallic, Gray Leather, Cold WX, Prem. Sound, Sport Pkg., Steptronic, Active steering, Comfort Access, Rear Shades, Nav, HD Radio, Sat Radio // Euro Pickup May 9th, 2007

Thanks for all the replies! You've given me some good information to think about here. I've never been good at price negotiations but with these babies' stickers I'm wanting a good deal. So I'll collect all my info prior to serious discussions with my sales person. They also told me to allow 2 months between order placement and Euro pickup. Has anyone driven in Europe during the winter months? Concerned about white knuckles on the Autobahn. LOL!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Senior Members

speed bird.. in the information section of E60.net we've actually got the conficential dealer's invoice pricing on everything....

http://www.e60.net/information/

Quick Reply: ED Price Negotiations