Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

ED Center Closed Until October 23?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

I just got word today that the ED center is closing until October 23rd while they switch over to the new delivery center. Delivery volume will be cut back to 10 vehicles per day after they open. The ED center is juggling schedules and delivery dates. Many EDs have canceled due to the delay. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I am looking forward to seeing the new delivery center soon.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Senior Members

You may have just "gotten word" but this has been in the planning stages for several years.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

I should also have said that your sub-title

,,All EDs Delayed``

is extraordinarily misleading and untrue.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

I was repeating the information shared by my dealer regarding the ED Center in Munich. If you are interpreting my comment to mean that all cars delivered in Europe are delayed than I would understand your comment better. I have also been reading about the new delivery center for several years now so I understand that there was a new building under construction. I had not read anything about the ED process being abruptly stopped during the transition. My dealer also informed me that the new facility would operate at substantially reduced capacity once it opened. It is the details of this transition and the timing that I am sharing.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MidnightRider' post='467509' date='Sep 8 2007, 10:00 PM
I was repeating the information shared by my dealer regarding the ED Center in Munich. If you are interpreting my comment to mean that all cars delivered in Europe are delayed than I would understand your comment better. I have also been reading about the new delivery center for several years now so I understand that there was a new building under construction. I had not read anything about the ED process being abruptly stopped during the transition. My dealer also informed me that the new facility would operate at substantially reduced capacity once it opened. It is the details of this transition and the timing that I am sharing.
In the subject of your post you wrote All EDs Delayed and then continued to say Many EDs have canceled due to the delay.

No ambiguity in your statements - both of which were just wrong.

There are fewer slots for the time being but they are being assigned first come first serve and that is hardly "All EDs Delayed".