Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.
View Poll Results: How do you rate your after sales service and repair
Excellent
40.85%
average
28.17%
sub-standard
16.90%
outrageously poor for a quality product
14.08%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Do BMW deserve to Keep us with their service record

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525DSE Auto Olivin
Smile

Have had yet another seriously cr*p experience with a BMW dealer. Having first failed to bleed the brakes following a fluid change (done 2 months early without permission) and leaving them in a dangerous state I had to have the mass air flow meter changed while the brakes were being fixed. I noticed that the vehicle started to have a whistling sound on the way home and thought ho no not the turbo. Dealer could get my car back in for two weeks so I carried on using the car as there was performance appeared to be good, until I noticed small puffs of smoke coming from the leading edge of the bonnet (hood to our US friends). I opened it up and found that it was coming from the engine air inlet as they had failed to put the hose back on (see photo):thumbsdown:

Anyway lost my cool but BMW assist arrived and did the reconnection within an hour but how much shit has got into the engine with no filter? No wonder the car seemed to fly!

Poor service / dealer care seems to be a common topic at present so lets have a poll to see quite how bad it is present.
Attached Thumbnails Do BMW deserve to Keep us with their service record-fault.jpg  
Old 05-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I have to say, despite hearing some less than pleasant things about the one dealer we have here in town, my experience with them has been excellent. Service advisors are generally pretty knowledgable about the cars, have always been very professional and have taken very good care of me. Always have a loaner available, deliver the car when promised and have done extra work without my having to press for it. I know there are others with terrible experiences, but I had to vote excellent for my dealer.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='290475' date='May 31 2006, 07:59 PM
I have to say, despite hearing some less than pleasant things about the one dealer we have here in town, my experience with them has been excellent. Service advisors are generally pretty knowledgable about the cars, have always been very professional and have taken very good care of me. Always have a loaner available, deliver the car when promised and have done extra work without my having to press for it. I know there are others with terrible experiences, but I had to vote excellent for my dealer.

Great I wish I lived near your dealer.

25% so far have voted excellent, shouldn't this be near 90% considering the up market positioning of BMW?
Old 05-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JWBMW' post='290476' date='May 31 2006, 02:06 PM
Great I wish I lived near your dealer.

25% so far have voted excellent, shouldn't this be near 90% considering the up market positioning of BMW?
Very true, but that was not your poll/question. You asked about our individual experiences. On the whole, it is clear that BMW has a long way to go inorder to match the service of other car makers such as Lexus. But I knew that going in, as you can see from my pre-purchase concerns about my dealer. Just as we all know that BMW's are not the most reliable luxury/sports cars around, we buy them anyway because of what great cars they are, when they are running. I'm not trying to excuse what has clearly been a bad expeience for you with your dealer. Are there no other dealers nearby you can try?
Old 05-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I always hear of these horror stories with various BMW dealers and I feel sorry for those that have to experience that. You shouldn't be treated that way after buying a car from them.

I have to rate my service excellent. Inskip BMW in Warwick, RI. I can't speak for all of the service advisors there, but mine is great. Always keeps me informed, easy to deal with and always goes that extra step. The lead technician that works for his clients is great as well. However, some of the sales staff there need an attitude adjustment.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='290482' date='May 31 2006, 08:24 PM
Very true, but that was not your poll/question. You asked about our individual experiences. On the whole, it is clear that BMW has a long way to go inorder to match the service of other car makers such as Lexus. But I knew that going in, as you can see from my pre-purchase concerns about my dealer. Just as we all know that BMW's are not the most reliable luxury/sports cars around, we buy them anyway because of what great cars they are, when they are running. I'm not trying to excuse what has clearly been a bad expeience for you with your dealer. Are there no other dealers nearby you can try?

In the spirit of free speech that we were both using was it not worth asking another non-poll question in the dialogue?
Old 05-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JWBMW' post='290487' date='May 31 2006, 02:29 PM
In the spirit of free speech that we were both using was it not worth asking another non-poll question in the dialogue?
Absolutely!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mystic Blue, Beige Leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Xenon, Nav, Steptronic, Power Shade

3 total trips to dealer so far for service/repairs.

out of these 3 -- 2 times i have had ask the dealer to repair my car.

first time it was backed into

yesterday, picked up my car and it had a major chip and scratch in the back right quarter panel (right behind tire)

wtf
Old 06-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

okay i have 2 votes..... long beach bmw...took care of me i vote excellent
mckenna bmw..... sub standard... tooo much to say about that place...but will keep it to myself ...until they really piss me off..ericd
Old 06-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Steve Han at New Century BMW's been taking car of my friends and I since 99.. Great customer service

Quick Reply: Do BMW deserve to Keep us with their service record