Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

DISAPPOINTED

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 05:41 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

HEY GUYS,
I just got this bad bad bad news from my dealer. Due to the fact that there were some strikes last week at the Bayerische Motoren Werke factory in Leipzig (over some wage negotiations, or so) all the scheduled deliveries of the cars for Luxembourg must have been postponed for up to 3 or 4 weeks!!!! Imagine that!
I was promised in February my car would be here just around Easter - or the late April - the latest (since on Apr 29 I will have my birthday - such birthday gift sounded really cool back then ), but now as I receive a dealer's phone call with these bad news - I might expect to pick up my silver m-pack beauty somewhere in the end of May? :thumbsdown: C'mon BMW.....

If anyone has more info or any kind of insight on this subject - please share...
Old 04-11-2006, 05:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='267651' date='Apr 11 2006, 02:41 PM
HEY GUYS,
I just got this bad bad bad news from my dealer. Due to the fact that there were some strikes last week at the Bayerische Motoren Werke factory in Leipzig (over some wage negotiations, or so) all the scheduled deliveries of the cars for Luxembourg must have been postponed for up to 3 or 4 weeks!!!! Imagine that!
I was promised in February my car would be here just around Easter - or the late April - the latest (since on Apr 29 I will have my birthday - such birthday gift sounded really cool back then ), but now as I receive a dealer's phone call with these bad news - I might expect to pick up my silver m-pack beauty somewhere in the end of May? :thumbsdown: C'mon BMW.....

If anyone has more info or any kind of insight on this subject - please share...
Were they on strike for 4 weeks - otherwise how could the delay be that much. Sounds like the same mentality employed by construction companies to justify delay !

Anyway - it will be with you at some point AND it will be worth the wait.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='267651' date='Apr 11 2006, 09:41 AM
HEY GUYS,
I was promised in February my car would be here just around Easter - or the late April - the latest (since on Apr 29 I will have my birthday - such birthday gift sounded really cool back then )
I thought they were only building 3 series in Leipzig? I don't think there have been any delays for the Dingolfing plant other than people with the night vision option.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='267651' date='Apr 11 2006, 08:41 AM
HEY GUYS,

My most sincere condolences.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='267661' date='Apr 11 2006, 09:52 AM
I thought they were only building 3 series in Leipzig? I don't think there have been any delays for the Dingolfing plant other than people with the night vision option.
Thats what I thought, too. Only the 3 series.
Maybe your dealer is BS'ing you.....
My car was ordered on 3/17 ans is already on a ship somewhere on the Atlantic.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

I ordered my E60 4th March. It has been built to my spec and was delivered to the dealer in the UK 5th April.

I am moving plates from my existing car so after the admin, I hope to pick it up in a couple of days time.

No strike affecting this one...

ABC
Old 04-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Members

My Ride: Currently a 2000 540i 6spd

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='267651' date='Apr 11 2006, 06:41 AM
I put my order in sometime in March.. it was scheduled to hit the line the first week in April. To my delight I was told last week it was already built and was awaiting transport.

Sounds like your dealer is giving you the shaft.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

This sounds fishy, I'd check with another dealer. Mine was ordered 3/15 and is on a ship to states.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:16 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Thanks for all insights

It's also unclear to me why few hours strike would affect delivery up to 3-4 weeks.. as it doesn't even sound reasonable.
Well, afterall that's all I heard from a dealer's. And I'm also dissapointed having to wait for soooo long, and at the same time to hear how fast people get their deliveries even overseas!
I personally think, it is a big shame for Luxembourg - but then again, we're just a small monarchy here (however the only Grand Duchy in the world perhaps big automakers don't treat such country seriously...??
Well, had I been aware of this earlier - I would have ordered my E60 in Germany (the closest BMW dealer is in Trier - about 30 minutes drive away from my home), but now I am stuck with belgian/luxembourgoise dealership anyway, so all I have left is to wait, wait, and wait...

Well, anyway, thanks for the good word again! and HAPPY EASTER to all!
Old 04-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Maybe they just "forgot" to order the car???

Quick Reply: DISAPPOINTED