Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Detroit Wheel and Tire

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535i

Although this is not a dealer, I must comment on the problems I have had with this company since many people may purchase wheels from them.

I purchased "refinished" BMW style 172 rims from this company in September. when I road force tested them all wheels were severely bent and not usable. They were guaranteed to be straight and true before I purchased them.

I have been trying to work with these people to get a refund, but they are giving me a very hard time and avoiding me.

Stay away from these guys!!!:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:
Old 01-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Are these guys different from Lakeshore Wheel and Tire (located in MI too)?

Reason I ask is because I bought 166 rep wheels with tires from them and I've had minimal problems with them. I say minimal problems because the wheels use hubcentric rings that on occasion will have minimal vibration at speeds in excess of 75 mph. The wheels I have were new, but with replicas it's always the risk u take I guess. All in all, I was very pleased with Lakeshore Wheel and Tire.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by wasupdu' post='1085882' date='Jan 7 2010, 07:11 AM
Are these guys different from Lakeshore Wheel and Tire (located in MI too)?

Reason I ask is because I bought 166 rep wheels with tires from them and I've had minimal problems with them. I say minimal problems because the wheels use hubcentric rings that on occasion will have minimal vibration at speeds in excess of 75 mph. The wheels I have were new, but with replicas it's always the risk u take I guess. All in all, I was very pleased with Lakeshore Wheel and Tire.

Can't be the same place, possibly affiliated, but not the same. Detroit Tire deals with refurbished OEM wheels for a lot of different makes. Apparently they have failed to refurbish these wheels back to spec and are now ducking their responsibility. They do not sell reps though.
To the OP: Good luck hope it gets resolved soon
Old 01-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i

No these guys are not affiliated.

This would not be a huge problem if it was only one wheel and the customer service was good. You know that customer service is not good when people are trying to deny responsibility or ask you why you bought something and didn't use it right away. Or blame you that the rims are bent.

When all four rims were severely bent, I knew I had been had.

No matter what the problem a good company will always communicate promptly and ensure that messages were received. They will also be available to communicate with the customer.

The first sign of poor customer service is avoidance of the customer.

The only time that I got a reply was when I discussed the Better Business Bureau, etc.

As of this moment they have sent me return labels so we will see what happens. At this point I am not sure I will see a refund once I return the rims.

I just received my new set today directly from the factory They will go on tomorrow.

On the last note, never buy used wheels just to save a few hundred bucks.