Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Deciding on Options, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Originally Posted by maver' date='Jul 11 2005, 04:29 PM
So in effect, the direct questions here are:
Does the Anthracite interior look like black wood or an art project?
Considering, I'm not after a CD player, is the Logic 7 system worth the $$?
Are the comfort seats worthwhile on a daily driver, I tend to fly for long trips?
Is my dealer right; are the the HUD and PDC toys?? The HUD does seem a bit silly considering the instrumentation is just below it.? (the inner geek in me thinks its cool, though).? Is PDC basically techno-curb feelers?

Other than that, thanks in advance!? I'm a lurker no more.
[snapback]148040[/snapback]
My opinions:
Anthracite looks like black wood in the light. In the dark it looks less like wood than the lighter colored option. I have it and I like it, it's more sporty and less luxurious looking.

Comfort seats-get them. I don't have them. I wish I did.

Logic 7 -get it.

HUD- pass.

PDC- I have it, I find it useful to park in my garage. An expensive version of hanging a tennis ball from the ceiling.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Members

My Ride: Due in May 2005 - 535d sport, Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood, Xenons, Adaptive Headlights, High Gloss Shadow Line, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler

Can only really commnet on the options I have, so here goes-

Sport - definately go for it, just the look of the car alone is worth it.

Grey leather and anthracite trim - thats what I have and have been very pleased with it. Have 2 boys who both play football (soccer) and get covered in mud, and have no trouble in keeping it clean.

PDC - a must

One option you've not mentioned, unless its packaged differently in the US, are xenon headlights. IMO would be one of the first options on the list.

Good luck with the choices, you've already made the best decision in buying an e60.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

welcome to e60.net .... youll love this place.....

L7...are you really into your music? do you play your music LOUD? if so, get it. if you mostly listen to AM though, save your money. go to the dealer with your iPod and then decide.

PDC...i have no use for it. i know how to park and saved some $$$ on it.

HUD...again, if youre into it, go for it. id rather save some serious cash and just learn to tilt my head 2 inches :-)

xenon...definitely...comes standard on the 530.

comfort seats....theyre nice, though the regular seats are not bad by any means.

interior color...have u considered auburn? the nicest color in my opinion.

cold weather....LOVE it. you also get the thicker steering wheel too, which i love.

anthracite wood...no it doesnt look like an art project. but its glossy black, so any little imperfection will show

good luck and keep us posted. you will ABSOLUTELY LOVE the car no matter what options you get.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by pipper' date='Jul 12 2005, 04:02 PM
HUD...again, if youre into it, go for it. id rather save some serious cash and just learn to tilt my head 2 inches :-)
[snapback]148226[/snapback]

But you know it's not just about learning to tilt your head, right? It's a safety relevant feature. Especially at night. Your eyes are focusing the tach when you look down, then need to focus on the street again when you look up. Meanwhile, you have not been looking forward for a second and the more you look down, the more you get tired. I would allways take the HUD, since it makes driving waaay safer.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 12 2005, 11:17 AM
[quote name='pipper' date='Jul 12 2005, 04:02 PM']HUD...again, if youre into it, go for it. id rather save some serious cash and just learn to tilt my head 2 inches :-)
[snapback]148226[/snapback]

But you know it's not just about learning to tilt your head, right? It's a safety relevant feature. Especially at night. Your eyes are focusing the tach when you look down, then need to focus on the street again when you look up. Meanwhile, you have not been looking forward for a second and the more you look down, the more you get tired. I would allways take the HUD, since it makes driving waaay safer.
[snapback]148258[/snapback]
[/quote]

What he said!
Old 07-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Here are the must haves (you WILL regret not getting these items):

Premium Package
NAV
Comfort Seats
Logic7
Xenon (standard on 530i, 545i now)

Subjective (depends on personal preference):

Hud
Cold Weather package
PDC
Split Rear Seats
Active Cruise Control
Old 07-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i R6 SMG M-Sport; Silver Gray & Gray Dakota; Comfort Seats; L7; Adaptive Xenons; Advanced A/C; BlueTooth

Seems Mystic Blue will go away after september. Combination of gray leather; anthracite wood is preety cool. I have got it. It's a bit harder to maintaine but car inside looks much more spacious. Blue outide and grey inside ... excellent.

PDC is not a toy at all. Driving backwards can be very though because car is big and there is no much you can see from the seat. PDC is accurate and very helpful.

Comfort seats ... excellent stuff.

Logic7 ... if you are in HiFi at home and you like good sound and you listen music all the way while driving then I vote yes. Otherwise HiFi system will suit you well. Standard system is not something but it is standard.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Members

OK, so I went down to Orange County and test drove a couple of 530s to help decide and here's what I discovered:

I simply can't live without the Comfort Seats. Yuo guys were on the money with this. I don't know why they don't just a have a comfort seat in every show room. The thing sells itself. What did it for me was the upper back adjustment and the side bolsters. This went from being extremely low on my list to being a must have. If I hadn't read the board, I wouldn't have taken the time to seek out a car with this option.

I drove a Sport and a non Sport. As much as it may pain me later to keep buying Z rated 18s, the Sport Package is the way to go. I got the DTC to go off several times on both cars and felt much safer with the Sport package. The handling was crisp and the car made a much better connection to the road. I wasn't sure if I needed it, but after driving the two, I think the package is well worth the premium. It is a night and day difference.

Premium Audio? I think I'll pass. I listened to both and founf the major difference to be almost entirely in the low ranges. I'm not after the CD Changer (which the salesman said doesn't play MP3 CDs), so in my mind, I'm paying $1800 for a pair of subs. Once I get the car, if I still find it lacking I'll put in some aftermarket subs. I don't tend to listen to bass heavy music and probably don't have as cultured ears as many, so I'm letting this one go.

Anthracite wood looked good. Not too glossy, not overly patterned. And definitely more fun than the standard wood.

All in all, it was great fun to drive the cars. I've definitely found the right car and am looking forward to placing my order and doing my ED.

Thanks to all who responded!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Red
Members

My Ride: MY06 530i, US Spec, Premium, Nav, HUD, Comfort seats, CWP, Sport package, Rear side airbags. Produced Sep 06.

Am going through the same thought processes right now. Have driven Sport and non-Sport, but haven't tested comfort seats yet. Seems that >90% here love them.

I'm with you on the Logic 7, but worried a bit about resale. I haven't had opportunity to listen to both side by side, so I appreciate your comments.

Did u get PDC? what about NAV--gotta have for resale if nothing else.
What about the HUD?

I have my 530i on order, but have a couple of weeks to make some tweaks.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Originally Posted by Red' date='Jul 18 2005, 09:06 PM
Am going through the same thought processes right now. Have driven Sport and non-Sport, but haven't tested comfort seats yet.? Seems that >90% here love them.

I'm with you on the Logic 7, but worried a bit about resale.? I haven't had opportunity to listen to both side by side, so I appreciate your comments.

Did u get PDC?? what about NAV--gotta have for resale if nothing else.
What about the HUD?

I have my 530i on order, but have a couple of weeks to make some tweaks.
[snapback]150358[/snapback]
Red, if you are getting the US version, get all the goodies you can for resale! If European model, don't worry about Nav and Hud then, but Hud is great and Nav is a most if you travel alot!

Quick Reply: Deciding on Options, please help!