Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer won't give my car back

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I went in to have them look at a "squeak" in my driver seat. I took it in on the 22'nd and they told me they heard it as well and decided to replace the frame which was going to take three days to ship, no car for the Holiday weekend... bummer.

I just got a call from them assuming they were ready for me to come pick it up as it was supposed to be done yesterday, so I was stoked to go for a drive as its been a week now! Well instead I was notified that they forgot to order the tubes for the ballasts inside the seats and they were going to have to get them from Germany which would take at least 12-15 days just to GET HERE.

Unreal, I am so pissed off right now. No car for three weeks?! I have an RPi Scoop and Sprint Booster just sitting on my floor waiting to be installed... what timing. F THEM! God this sucks.

Who can I complain to??? I need some compensation for this!!! My car, including other trips in, will have been in the dealership for over a month in the ONE year ive owned it, and it hasnt even had any problems!!

God I hate BMW right now... sorry, I just had to rant as this is the only place people will understand. Everyone else, my girlfriend, etc, are like, "Why are you complaining? You have an awesome loaner you get to drive" (they are referring to the Automatic, non-sport 528 I got... sweet)
Old 12-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jdloaner' post='1081425' date='Dec 29 2009, 05:34 PM
So I went in to have them look at a "squeak" in my driver seat. I took it in on the 22'nd and they told me they heard it as well and decided to replace the frame which was going to take three days to ship, no car for the Holiday weekend... bummer.

I just got a call from them assuming they were ready for me to come pick it up as it was supposed to be done yesterday, so I was stoked to go for a drive as its been a week now! Well instead I was notified that they forgot to order the tubes for the ballasts inside the seats and they were going to have to get them from Germany which would take at least 12-15 days just to GET HERE.

Unreal, I am so pissed off right now. No car for three weeks?! I have an RPi Scoop and Sprint Booster just sitting on my floor waiting to be installed... what timing. F THEM! God this sucks.

Who can I complain to??? I need some compensation for this!!! My car, including other trips in, will have been in the dealership for over a month in the ONE year ive owned it, and it hasnt even had any problems!!

God I hate BMW right now... sorry, I just had to rant as this is the only place people will understand. Everyone else, my girlfriend, etc, are like, "Why are you complaining? You have an awesome loaner you get to drive" (they are referring to the Automatic, non-sport 528 I got... sweet)

No loaner??? Im rocking a 2010 x5 diesel loaner. I love it
Old 12-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

I get a late model BMW loaner from my BMW Center when I drop off my E60 or E90 for service, warranty or not. I return the loaner on the day my car is ready, as late as 6pm, when service closes. The most recent loaner was a 2010 E90 sedan with the M Sport package and paddle shifters. Why does your BMW Center not offer service loaners? (Never mind, I see your edit on your non-sport E60 loaner).
Old 12-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

all this trouble for a squeak?
Old 12-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

haha well if you really want to make a big deal out if it... I understand your frustration but just take a deep breath... you do in fact got a pretty cool loaner... I dont even get a BMW as a loaner... i'm lucky to get a toyota camery or a kia rio. I'm serious... maybe ask them to let you swap that 528 for a 335 as compensation... pick up a free gift in the parts department for your inconvenience...

I wouldnt make such a big deal... keep a good relationship with your dealer. it makes future warranty work much easier and smoother. Trust me. otherwise in the future they'll never replace anything that squeeks for you anymore... they'll just throw the " cannot duplicate" card at you.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

At least you got a loaner. Dealers usually keep around a few and if they run out you'll end up in a chevy aveo. 528>aveo

good luck and I hope you get your car back ASAP! I know how much I hate not having mine!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Members

So there is nowhere I should complain to make this wait worthwhile?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by jdloaner' post='1081627' date='Dec 30 2009, 04:22 AM
Sounds to me like the dealer is doing all they can to accomodate you and remedy the problem. You can always call BMW to complain but your point seems baseless and when it gets back to the dealer I don't think they're going to all that understanding the next time. When you say worthwhile, I assume you mean complain and get something in return for it at the dealer's expense. Not good, my friend. You should be happy that they were able to properly diagnose, remedy the problem and provide you with quite a nice service loaner.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Try having the dealer have the car for 25 days to re-do all the electronics in back , and not finishing every thing, and car having to go back in to complete the work.....

Yeah I'd like to have it, but I just want every thing fixed correctly.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by jdloaner' post='1081627' date='Dec 30 2009, 01:22 AM

it would prob not be worthwhile if you want to keep your relationship with the dealer... you took the car in for a squeak, most car companies will laugh in your face and tell you to get lost, since BMW / your dealer was actually kind enough to fix it for you. I had the rear shelf rattle in my 545 for 4 years... I've told my dealer 3 times about it and they were never able to fix it... I figured it was minor enough to not make a big stink about it. Sometimes its not worth it to make such a big stink about something so minor... seriously just enjoy the 528. Take it for a long road trip. its new years...

BUT all that said call Customer Relations at 800-831-1117

P.S. if you get any money out of them... please pay pal me 10% back.

Quick Reply: Dealer won't give my car back