Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer suckss , oil change question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Hello everyone
I have a 530I 2004 and last oil change was on dec 05 . last december I went to the dealer in Dallas Tx since I am not using the car a lot anymore I took the car in for service but the service advisor was very rude and didnt received the car he told me that the car was fine since I had 2000 miles left for the next oil change I ask him at how many months was the oil change necesary and he said untill your car computer shows that the car needs service and now here I am asking for some help the last oil change was 13 months ago and I still have 2k mils left but I think I am going to reach them till next year .

thank you all for any help

Carlos
Old 02-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Members

What dealer is it? I've had good experience with Classic.

My understanding is the free maintenance is "by the computer" only - no one year maximum between oil changes. In any case, Classic seems like they'll come up with any reason to DO extra maintenance, not avoid doing it, all covered by BMW. I've had at least 3 oil changes in 2 years, 29k miles.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by TXPearl' post='386984' date='Feb 2 2007, 11:53 PM

My understanding is the free maintenance is "by the computer" only - no one year maximum between oil changes. In any case, Classic seems like they'll come up with any reason to DO extra maintenance, not avoid doing it, all covered by BMW. I've had at least 3 oil changes in 2 years, 29k miles.

it is Bmw of Dallas
so if you take the car and you pay for your own oil change do they reset the computer . then the best thing to do is switch because the advisors in bmw dallas are not very friendly . does the free maintanance is only by the computer or can you also request an oil change depending on the last oil change date ??
Old 02-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by solrac6262' post='386989' date='Feb 2 2007, 10:04 PM
it is Bmw of Dallas
so if you take the car and you pay for your own oil change do they reset the computer . then the best thing to do is switch because the advisors in bmw dallas are not very friendly . does the free maintanance is only by the computer or can you also request an oil change depending on the last oil change date ??
Really depends on the dealer. I have had oil changes before the computer says to and my dealer has not reset the computer. I recall the period was when the computer warned or one year, which ever came first. But some dealers are like yours and say only based on the computer.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TXPearl' post='386984' date='Feb 2 2007, 10:53 PM

You are entitled to an oil service when the computer indicates thusly, or to an oil change after one year ("low mileage oil change") even if the computer doesn't call for it. The oil change is free and your computer is not reset. You are therefore entitled to an oil service when the computer indicates, even if it's 3 or 4 months after the oil change.

I do not however know how the appropriate "one year" time is determined for low mileage oil changes AFTER the first year.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='387114' date='Feb 3 2007, 10:08 AM
You are entitled to an oil service when the computer indicates thusly, or to an oil change after one year ("low mileage oil change") even if the computer doesn't call for it. The oil change is free and your computer is not reset. You are therefore entitled to an oil service when the computer indicates, even if it's 3 or 4 months after the oil change.

I do not however know how the appropriate "one year" time is determined for low mileage oil changes AFTER the first year.
+ 1
Hello, nice to see you on this board too.
cheers
vern
Old 02-03-2007, 08:18 AM
zen
Members

Can you sight any authority (from BMW) authorizing an oil change "after one year". I am 21 months without an oil change with 18500 miles and it still shows 1800 miles to go. The dealer told me they will only change the oil without cost when the computer indicates it.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zen' post='387147' date='Feb 3 2007, 12:18 PM
Can you sight any authority (from BMW) authorizing an oil change "after one year". I am 21 months without an oil change with 18500 miles and it still shows 1800 miles to go. The dealer told me they will only change the oil without cost when the computer indicates it.
BMW NA has a SIB for this. Any BMW NA dealer should be able to find it.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vern' post='387125' date='Feb 3 2007, 10:52 AM
Hello, nice to see you on this board too.
cheers
vern
Hi Vern, likewise. I may order a 550i so I figured I would visit a bit more. I had a 5er before the 330xi but didn't like the original E60 design. The refresh fixes some elements I didn't like so ...
Old 02-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

Why don't you try another dealership? I've never been denied and oil change, even if I still have 3K miles to go on the computer

Quick Reply: Dealer suckss , oil change question