Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer screwed up

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, need your advice....I've had nothing but problems with my dealership.(long story). I finally got the car I wanted though. So Saturday I go pick up the car..sign the contract yadda yadda yadda...I drive off happy as can be,not just because of the car, but because I never have to deal with them anymore..and i wont..so my CA calls me today and tells me i'm gonna have to sign a new contract because the deal on the contract says 3yrs 45k instead of 3 yrs 30k...but he tells me bmwna didnt approve it,which is weird because the car is in my driveway...lol...just out of spite and principal I really dont wanna see or hear from them..do I have to do anything for them..i mean i signed a contract,its there mistake right? i Really dotn care about the extra miles..I'm just so frustrated with them ..always something..nothing went smoothly..I need advice guys..please..typing this from my phone..so please excuse everything...lol...thanks in advance
Old 07-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Members

Anyone have any advice?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

If you have a copy of the contract signed by both you and a BMW representative, then they screwed themselves.

Since you don't like this dealership anyway, I'd use this as an opportunity to really stick it to them.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

That is strange. When calculating the monthly payment did they use residual for 15K miles per year? If so you should ask for a better deal monthly payment. If they used 10K miles residual but contract says 15K miles I would let them correct the mistake and would expect something nice in return.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Too bad for the dealer - I know what happened BTW. They thought you qualified for the special BMW FS lease rates - but you must be a BMW FS previous customer to qualify.

During my contract signing the same thing happened. Had the finance guy changed the monthly payment, I would have walked (nothing personal, just that it would not have made sense for me to continue at that point). Alas, he changed it, but what he did was change the selling price so that the deal worked out to my agreed upon lease payment. So in effect they ate the extra.

Your dealer is going to need to do the same thing.

You can either
a) say, no, the deal was for 45K
or
b) no, I can't do a 30K lease, you can have the car back if you want

alternatively, if this is financing related and it is due to your credit -you might have signed something with them that says "If we can't get you financing, you have to come up with your own". In which case you are in trouble.

Let us know how it works out.